corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Footwell Neons

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Footwell Neons
Houckham

User status: Offline
   30th May 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright

Im trying to fit someneons into the footwell of my corsa c.
While trying to somehow find some way of getting dash to pieces to find some way of getting wires to the fuse box>>>>>>>>> I gave up.

Anyone who could help me with this would be great.
Cheers
DIGGIDY

30th May 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a Haynes manual... bout £12 i think...

will come in handy if you ever need to do anything to your motor...

that's like the price of 3-4 pint down your local, and it will save you getting all pissed off and shit...
Fraser Young

30th May 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask Willay, (bloody nice bloke!), he's usually about, he's done this in his Corsa C footwells...
Houckham

31st May 03 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one lads!
...although i have been looking for a Haynes manual for the corsa c
but cant seem to get one yet.

Might pop down to the shop now and have a look

Cheers
Fear

31st May 03 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i simply ran a wire to the battery and then earthed them, didnt worry about a fuse!!!! Do i need one?
kev_corsa

31st May 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, its best to mate, otherwise u could blow up ur neons if they ever go faulty, or are connected wrong. In the worst case though, your battery could short out, and maximum current will be drawn from it, and it will get very very hot and maybe cause a fire.

just use a fuse!
Fear

31st May 03 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok think i will buy an in line little fuse and chop it into the wire, thats ok aint it?

Im using neons in the boot but they are running of the boot interior light so that will already be fused right?
Melville

5th Jun 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isnt a corsa c haynes manual out!!! I even emailed haynes and they said they dont intend on doing one in the next 12 months

But anyway...I am also trying, miserably, to fit some neons into my footwells and cant find anywhere to connect them to, I thought about connecting them to the back of the cigarette lighter, but the center column doesnt come out. How has anyone else managed to get them wired up??
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Jun 03 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have footwell neons atm but they have a ciggie lighter adapter - at the moment.

I'm in the middle of modding me glove box atm, i've got a boot release type switch on it along with a single red neon inside which will light up when it opens up. When i get back to doing it i will post some pictures maybe a little howto (i suck at drilling).

after thats complete I'll be hooking up front/rear interior neons onto a switch. I believe I will document this cause so many people are asking about it!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Jun 03 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want a temp solution, get it on a ciggie lighter adapter, slide the seats back and arm yourself with a torx set and cable ties, for the passenger side take out the glovebox (screws under it and inside when you open the door) and mount it near the air vent. for the drivers just get your head under and mount it to whatever you can find, I cant honestly remember what I have tied it to.

Messy but soon be nice and clean.

New Poll