corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Washer Jets Packed Up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Washer Jets Packed Up
Oggs

User status: Offline
11th May 04 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I try and spray the windscreen (front & rear) with water nothing comes out the jets. The motor that you can normally hear when you pull back your steering wheel control is not making any noises either. Is there anything obvious i can check like fuses or something before taking it down to vauxhall?
modded_corsa

11th May 04 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite.....first thing to do is check the washer fluid level.....dnt ask me wer it is on the corsa c....but it shudnt be that hard to find...

if thats alrite go and get yourself a small sewing needle or a very fine pin.....put it in the washer jet(the ones on your bonnet..wiper..where eva they are)....and poke it in and give it a lil wriggle

then try your jets....they shud work nowlol...

just make sure if ya use a pin...that the nozzle points onto the windscreen..wer you need it to...rather than pointing to the side of the car...and wetting people
Paul H

11th May 04 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's fuse 15 on the c and should be a 10 amp fuse
Oggs

11th May 04 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, just what i needed to know!
leafgreencorsa

11th May 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know how technically minded you are Oggs, but if the fuse is OK there are some other checks you could carry out before resorting to the main dealer. If you've got a 12v test lamp then check to see if any power is reaching the motor. Pull off the multiplug from the washer motor and check if one of the terminals becomes live when the washer stalk is operated. If it does then the motor is the source of your problem and this would be easy to replace on a DIY basis. If there is no power supply then it would suggest a wiring/connection/switch problem which is where I would tend to give up. Of course, if the car is still under warranty then get it done for free at the dealer anyway!!
greengoddess

11th May 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the jets are blocked, undo a section of the hose and connect a footpump with an adaptor for a ball (usually red plastic cone shaped thing) and give it a blast of air.
corsa3.0v6

11th May 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
it's fuse 15 on the c and should be a 10 amp fuse

There's been a mistake wi that 1 cos vauxhall hav been changin it to 15amp fuse. 10amps to low & they blow
jrsteeve

11th May 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exact same happened to mine, but then i sold it and gave somone else the problem lol

Tried the fuse but it didn't make a difference
si_reading

11th May 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fuse went on mine too and didn't squirt out any water from my washer jets. Vauxhall sorted mine out under warranty.

New Poll