corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tyre wear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tyre wear
finch1

User status: Offline
9th May 04 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i'm gettin heavy tyre wear on the inside of the front tyres due to the camber. Ive lowered the car on standard shocks, about 40mm. Because of this ive been told i need adjustable camber bolts. about £100 to do.
Has anybody else had this problem? Do these adjustable camber bolts cure it or is it somethink else causing the tyre wear?
Any advice would be most appreciated.
stuyw

9th May 04 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because u've lowered the car, the tracking will be out. Take it to a garage to have it checked. will only cost u about 10 quid
finch1

9th May 04 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tracking is fine, i had it laser aligned. ive been told its bcos of the negative camber
modded_corsa

9th May 04 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant adjust a corsa's stadard camber......so you have to buy a camber kit...which will let yuo get the right camber..

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=143054

go into that topic....it answers loadz of questions...and shows a few of the camber kits available
oztek corsa

9th May 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lowered my car 60mm and have had no problem with negative camber, tyre wear is normal!?
TOMAS

9th May 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd say tracking is to blame, my mate had 40mm drop on his 17's and his tyres wore evenly (right down to the core LOL)

New Poll