corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Is o2 the best uk network??

Poll: Is o2 the best uk network??
  Yes
  No

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is o2 the best uk network??
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th May 04 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i rspoke to sum1 like 2 days ago and they sed that they were about to release it and it failed one of there tests (fone kept on freezing)
they recon that they will know more at the end of the month..... so it looks like its out in june-ish!

i probably used mms 5 times on my current fone.... and ive had that for over a year now!
yeah orange doesnt include mms as a inclusive text

pew pew pew pewwwww
broster
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orange is the best for me
Noonster

7th May 04 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use mms quote alot.... so havin them included would be usefull - prob send about 15ish a month...., but then again orange only charge £3 to add 15 so thats not too bad...

If your saying the customer service and signal is LOADS better than o2...

Then again want the 6230 and cant wait untill june...

AHHH i dunno what to do..
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well until orange sed that they will match the online O2 tariff..... i was like, see ya later orange!

i rang them up and sed i wanted to trap over to O2 cos of there tariff.... the dude sed, wat they offering..... i told him and he sed that he would match it!

then i asked about the 6230 and he sed that cos they havent got it yet, he cant offer an upgrade for me but if i ring back at the end of the month, they will do sumthing for me

if orange wasnt gonna offer me this, i wuld have gone o2.... yeah the customer service isnt AS good as orange.
and cos ur dealing onoine all the time (if u have a problem) then u may find that its had to get things sorted out.

i believe that u after a new contact! i'd wait till orange bring out the 6230 (fecking nice fone) and get them to match a tariff that u want

O2 used to be one2one, who have a shite signal........ o2 are way better and i wouldnt worry about that much now as i recon that they are nearly the same as orange and vodafone

all gud!!!!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats was a fucking essy ^^^^^

pew pew pew pewwwww
Noonster

7th May 04 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but they wont match the tariff if im not already a customer - they only matched yours coz you threatened to move...

T-mobile did this for me last october when i threatened to leave 4 o2....
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmmmm dunno.... cos when i first signed up for orange, they matched an O2 'street' tariff for me!

i recon they will defo match a 'street tariff for new customers....... just aint sure about the online ones!!!! but worth a try.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Noonster

7th May 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they will defo match a street tariff but not online one i tried last saturday at 2different orange shops to get them to do that.....

so ive got my options the only benifit o2 has over orange is that you can use the 500txt as 125mms messages and they have the 6230...

But like i said before i only send about 15pics a month if that so could easily pay orange £3 for 15 but they dont have the phone....

BUT orange are better customer service and better signal - plus you can go back to the shop and dont have to deal online if something goes wrong.
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually.... wat u can say is that ur so called mate is on orange who has matched an online tariff and u want it....
if they say no then kick up a fuss cos its unfair and ur being treated differently.... i bet they will do it for ya

pew pew pew pewwwww
Shelly
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naranja
Noonster

7th May 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much you wanna bet??
2p

I will try it again 2mora!!! and report back.... but i dont think it will work

Will walk in and say hi im interested in joining orange and have been told you will be able to match an o2 tariff as my mate has just signed up with you and you did it for him.....

Sound good??
Bet it doesnt work - oh and they dont have the phone i want yet
Noonster

7th May 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gav - my gf also want the same contract but wants a different phone if i say we will both join then it might help them go for it right??

So they now give you 500wap and 125mms you can use instead of txt if you want??
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to work in sales.... and telling ya, even when companies say that they cant do it.... they really can!

just kick up a fuss that they have offered one customer that tariff..... why should it be any different for u!

and those mobile fone companies (store branches) have to meet targets!!!! saturadays are the best time to go in cos thats when they have the biggest target to meet .i.e must sell x amount of contract fones that day!

so if a sale man thinks he may be able to nail 2 contracts at the same time..... then u have a good change to get him to do that deal for ya!

before u give in (thats if they say they cant do it) just say..... "well i was willing to sign today and get my gf to sign..... may aswell go sumwhere else and or sign for O2 then"
if this doesnt work then nothing will..... cos i remember that if a customer treated to go sumwhere else (esp to a competitor) and i let them leave without buying, i would have been bollocked by the manager

with the online O2 get 500 texts or 125 mms (or u can mix eg 400 texts and say 10 mms)

anyway.....cant harm giving it a try and bargian them down!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Noonster

7th May 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah worth a try....
Will go to Hull 2mora and try it i think - will report back

So does your work exactly like the o2 one then with the mms and the wap??
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

currently im on a o2 street tariff.... i didnt go for the online o2 yet as im waiting for the new fone to come out and get it all sorted at one time (ie try and get a massive discount off the fone and tariff cos ive had a minor problem and sed that i would cancel the contract )

with the tariff im currently on, i get free texts (100) and mms are charge at 25p ish, which matches the o2 strret tariff

say if this was the o2 online tariff u wanted

500/125 free texts/mms (or mixed)
500 free mins
500 free wap

orange would match the 500 minutes, dunno whether they will match the textes/mms (they may just offer u the 500 textes)....... the wap is a defo no no cos i asked the dude that already!

another thing to take into account is that with any orange tariff that is matched to another network, they dont allow rollover mins or texts to the next month!
but then saying that the o2 online tariffs dont offer that service neither....

hmmmmmmm..... bit of a fucker this one is..... it looks like it probably best to go with O2 tbh!
the fone is here already, and the tariff suits u! i dealt that orange will 100% match the online 02 one.... but still worth a try!

[Edited on 07-05-2004 by B19 GAV]

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there no defo date for the 6230 on orange yet! but i recon its gonna be june.... late june!

i keep with orange cos
1) cant b arse with trying to tansfer my number over
2) service will be better
3) dont use mms too much (like 1 mms a month)

as it stands .... i use my fone for talking and texting sms... thats it
so the orange one would suit me quite well!

and im not in a rush to get the new fone yet....

pew pew pew pewwwww
Noonster

7th May 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah worth a try.....
But o2 is looking the best bet - online tariff...

I heard that the online tariff mins do roll over ?? - think it was posted on page one of this topic.
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na...... i read the small print! an also asked my housemate who is on it.... they dont run over

yeah..... the online o2 is

pew pew pew pewwwww
Noonster

7th May 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the orange mins AND txts roll over then??
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orange street tariffs run over..... but when u get orange to match an other serbbbver providers tariff they dont allow it.....
thats wat happened to my tariff that im on right now

this is from the o2 website...
"Unused free allowances cannot be carried forward from one billing month to the next."

pew pew pew pewwwww
Noonster

7th May 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help 2night Gav....

They wont be anymins left 2carry over as im prob gonna use them all as im used to having 300 on t-mobile so gonna be wiered going back down to 200mins..... then again will have 300txt more a month so will have to txt more i guess.
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope u get a tariff.....
no worries about the fone being good.... cos its fucking class

tell us how u get one dude

pew pew pew pewwwww
Noonster

7th May 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do mate...
Thanks for the help

Will nip to town 2mora and see what orange say etc..... if its not good will come home and go on o2 i think..

Will let you know

Thanks again
Gavin
Premium Member

7th May 04 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs

pew pew pew pewwwww

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll