corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Altenarot buzz sound.....comming thru 6x9's how do i get rid........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Altenarot buzz sound.....comming thru 6x9's how do i get rid........
5doormodder

User status: Offline
26th Apr 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, Ive installed my new amp and its powering my 6x9's and my subs. Im getting a horrible high pitched interfearence noise that seems to be comming mainly from my altenator, like when i start the car and push the accelorator down it buzzs really loud (with the altenator turning). But it also has a small amount of high pitch interfearence when the car is not running, i.e when i use the wipers or electric windows, you can hear the sound thru the 6x9's.

Ive tried using a noise surpressor btween the phono leads and the amp, and its made no difference atall. I was told by a mate to get a noise surpressor fitted to my altenator, he had a look at it and told me it dosnt have one on it already, and this is whats causing the problems. But im thinking its something else aswell because there was sill a slight noise when i had to car turned off and was using electric parts (leccy windows and wipers etc)

Anyone had this problem before, if you know a way around it. Please please help me out here !

DC

27th Apr 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had that in my Corsa bout 18 months ago. It was so annoying!!

It buzzed through my front n rear speakers and the subs pattered even when the music wasnt playin.

Tried loads of stuff but in the end ripped the whole install out and rewired it, was fine then!
Houckham

27th Apr 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can buy something called a "something loop" from most car audio places and ive seen them in halfords and what it does is smoothes out the flow of electricity from the alternator. so it does not interfere with sound systems

about £15-£20 (i think)

New Poll