corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » **Urgent help needed--headgasket/air con probs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author **Urgent help needed--headgasket/air con probs
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
21st Apr 04 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x14xe- changing head gasket-
inlet and timing gear is off,ive just drained the cooling system and now need to take off the exhaust manifold, but all the air conditionning crap is in the way. i cant see how i can get acess without disconnecting the air con pipes therefore having to have the refridgerant de-pressurized and then re-pressurized when done.
there are missing bits in the haynes and it doesnt account for A/C

this will make the difference between taking it to vauxhall or doing it myself!

miles, greasemonkey,ainsley braider, are you out there...help!

please,

cheers
DangerousDave16v

21st Apr 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
paulr202000

21st Apr 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get the exhaust off without disconnecting the air con pipes in place you have to take the radiator fan off the radiator to make room then just take the exhaust heat sheild off and unbolt the manifold off the head push it off the head and leave it on the car is tricky but can be done i have done a couple at work
DangerousDave16v

26th Apr 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manged to replace the gasket. i was very suprised at how little the gasket was damaged (bearing in mind how much water it was loosing).there was a tiny piece of gasket missing around one of the water channels at cylinder 4, and this had propogated upto the edge of the liner by a tiny pitted groove in the gasket ,took me about 5 mins to find where it had actually leaked.

the car is running fine again, and isnt blowing gas into the header

£574 saved, but a few grey hairs. cash back.

New Poll