corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New car ... big problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car ... big problems
Hawk

User status: Offline
19th Apr 04 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C 1.2i 16v - 8 weeks old (53-reg)

Does this sound normal...?

With the doors closed and engine off, pull back on the hi-beam stick and release to flash the beam. Now when I open the door and do the same thing, the following happens...

- Side, Main and Hi-Beam comes on and stays on (after releasing the stick).
- All interior lights, including the clock, instruments and radio come on and stay on.
- Only the rear red lights (not brake lights) come on and stay on.

To switch off, simply close the door!!

At first I thought this was a test function, but what makes it a fault is that when all lights are on and the door is open, surely there should be an audible warning informing you that the lights are on; and the blue indicator informing you your hi-beam is activated.

---------------

Secondly, parking lights. I don't really have a need for them, but this is just an example of possibly how borked my car is. Before departing the vehicle, push the indicator lever up or down, depending on which side-lights you want to activate. Whichever way the lever is pushed, no lights come on. But when you open the door, an audible noise can be heard informing you your lights are on... but they're not!!!

--------------

Thirdly, the rear wiper. Normally if you have the front wipers on, and you change into reservse gear, the rear wiper will automatically wipe in intermittent mode. But up until Friday last week, this suddenly stopped and the wiper no longer automatically activates when you change into reservse with the front wipers activated.

--------------

Forth, reservse lights have NEVER worked, and even though this car has been in twice for a service... yes twice in 8 weeks of buying the thing... Lookers haven't managed to find any one of these faults, which are very easy to replicate.

Other problems include the EPS and ABS failing at times when you least expect it, such as travelling at high or low speeds. The EPS has already proved itself as being faulty by switching itself off for a few seconds when travelling at about 30mph, which is like driving a car w/o EPS, but 4 times as heavier.

The fuel gauge will also report half a tank when you've only just filled up with a full tank and then change automatically to the speed you do. For example, start off at 30mph and it'll read full. Speed up to 70mph and it'll read 3/4 full, instantly!

Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?
Red_SXi

19th Apr 04 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with the lights is a safety feature so when you park at night you aren't in the dark. Look in your manaul mate
Hawk

19th Apr 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah nice one, cheers for that
Hawk

19th Apr 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some other problems include the engine performance.

If you're doing 2000rpm in any gear and try accelerating, the car will start to "splutter" or judder as it's travelling along. Accelerating more causes this to stop. Would this indicate there's something wrong with the ECU maybe?

I have used a K&N filter for the car, but took it out when problems started occuring. No other modifications have been made.
Corsa Sport Gav

19th Apr 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there parking lights aint they all V Dubs hav thmj
corsa-sxi

19th Apr 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 2000rpm thing about accelerating i have, also i have power steering problems, its in at vaux atm, but they dnt seem to find anything wrong with it , also yesterday on the way to donny, when i was going straight and let go of the wheel the wheel would move to the left, which is weird so i have to hold it in place
Sinth

20th Apr 04 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prolly ur front wheels? wrong tyre pressure ? like 1's got more than the other :S
just a guess

New Poll