corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Inlet manifold for a 1.2 8v

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inlet manifold for a 1.2 8v
MJ

User status: Offline
4th Apr 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but then i have to update everythink else as well like the shocks and brakes.
broster
Premium Member

4th Apr 04 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, you can get astra 2.0ltr brakes, £50 tops, aand lower it on springs for now £50-70 ish
broster
Premium Member

4th Apr 04 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id lower ur car fit the brakes, then save for the engine, with better brakes and suspension ull be able to drive the car faster
MJ

4th Apr 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes will prob not fit in alloys and i think i will rub if i lower it
broster
Premium Member

4th Apr 04 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what alloys have you got?
micra_pete
Premium Member

5th Apr 04 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
tbh, i wouldn't know!

after seeing that 200bhp 1.3 micra (actually SEEN it when RC Developments were just up the road from me in barnton), they had it on the rollers & i can vouch that it is what it says...

the owners are a friend of mine, and i've been in it a few time, its farkin quick
MJ

5th Apr 04 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tsw 14" ones and i think the offset is ET35
broster
Premium Member

5th Apr 04 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gte breakes will go behind 14's mate and seems as they are 14's you should be able to lower about 35mm ok
Corsa^Dan

5th Apr 04 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam i did consid getting that lump of fu but its got a little too high millage for what i want
geordie smurf
Banned

5th Apr 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the head also has bigger valves
Aragorn

5th Apr 04 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use a 1200 carb head off a nova not the 1300 head - the 1300 head will lower the compressoin too much and the valves are very close in size (albeit both are much bigger than standard spi valves)

the cat is a hefty restriction as well as the camshaft - find a nova SR in a scrappy and rob the cam outta that

get an early corsa sri 8v (or an astra 1.4/1.6 mpi ) exhaust manifold and a corsa sri8v downpipe and get a system for that

that lot should see u with 60-65 bhp

remember the nova 1.2 carb made 55bhp - the spi system isnt more restrictive, the head, cam and exhausts are where the restrictions lie sort them with cheap bits from scrappy and you'll have a good few more horses

one word of warning tho - DO NOT REMOVE the LAMBDA PROBE - u will end up melting pistons if u do!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll