corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Washer Jet Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Washer Jet Problem
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
   24th Mar 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just 2nite noticed a problem with my washer jets. When i spray them, either front or back, they have hardly any pressure whatsoever, the front hardly reaches the windscreen, i've checked and the reservoir is full but its too dark to check anything else so i'm gonna have a look at them properly at weekend. the wierd thing is when u try either the front or the back washer jet they both come on 2gether but at a really low pressure, but if u just press the front washer for a split second it comes out normal stength for about a second, but if u hold it down it goes really low pressure after a second or so. The cars just had a new bonnet so gonna check its not crushing the pipe or somethin, although its worked fine for a few months since, but has anyone got any other suggestions as to what may be causeing this? or has anyone had this prob b4?

Cheers, Rob

[Edited on 24-03-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]
corsa_jim

24th Mar 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like its got sumert flotin inside the jet thats blockin up the spray then falling back when its off take off the pipe from the jet n get sum compressed air blasted down it mate

Jim
Graham

24th Mar 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the back washer never has pressure in it and dribbles out on most b's so ive herd. the fornt ones i wud check the piping and that theres no leaks then the only thing really if to disconnect the tubes and see if there is owt in them.
MattyB

24th Mar 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check it all section by section, by blowing thru it.

Could be the pump, again, remove and check.

This all takes like 2 secs, so its worth takin the time one sunday to sort it, other wise it will annoy u for ages. i know mine did. All of the jets on my 306 were blocked.....just needed a good stabbing with a needle in each to clear it all.

Matt
Black Corsa SRi

24th Mar 04 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys was annoyin me even just an hour after i found it so when i got home got the lights on in the garage and had a look around and turns out when closed, the bonnet was squeezing the pipe to the front washers at the point where the pipe disappears intot he bonnet and obviously stopping the flow, a quick repositioning of the pipe and its clip and its all sorted now! Nom pressure to both front and back! Once again cheers guys!
bubble

24th Mar 04 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove pump and youll c a little filter. itll b covered in shit from additives. cut bottom off and itll sort it.

New Poll