corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » IDLE CONTROL VALVE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IDLE CONTROL VALVE
Foz

User status: Offline
17th Mar 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone ever had a dodgy one? I've had one fitted and the Auto Elec reckons its dodgy and thats y my car is cutting out when cold.
Joff

17th Mar 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, search for "idle control valve".
simonp

20th Mar 04 at 04:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't tend to go wrong as such. What usually happens with these is that they clog up with tar and shite.

Take it off clean it out with crab cleaner untill carb cleaner that's being sprayed runs clear.

The ICV actuates on a 12v supply, so hook it up and see if the valve opens and shuts. Good idea to keep spraying carb cleaner inside as you do this.

Leave to dry for a bit then add a few drops of oil. Actuate the valve a bit and refit. Should work fine then.
MikeH

20th Mar 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the 1.2 16v and 1.0 12v its more of a solenoid, i've just bought one today from the scrappies.

Not exactly sure how you COULD clean the old one really?

You can on cars where its actually a valve.

New Poll