corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Do 2.0 Driveshafts fit with F13 gear box?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do 2.0 Driveshafts fit with F13 gear box?
TOMAS

User status: Offline
14th Mar 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This may seem daft but on my 1.2 16V corsa my front wheel bearings have gone and are getting REALLY noisey now

Now my car is going in next month to have the 2.0L conversion done using the Cossvaux fitting kit (motorsports shafts, hub flanges etc). Personally I dont think my bearings will hold up until then. Can I go get myself some Astra GTE inner and outer CV's and fit the new shafts/CV's and hub flanges to my standard F13 box?

The reason I want to do this is because I want to change the wheel bearings NOW, they will have to be changed again when fitting the new shafts with the engine conversion next month so seems pointless changing them for new ones for just a months use, but mine aint going to last : (

Any advice much appreciated - as you may guess I have a vaigue understanding of whats envolved...
James R

14th Mar 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, 2L driveshaft ends are bigger than small block ends.
TOMAS

14th Mar 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well how come people say you can use standard OR larger driveshafts with the 2.0l conversion (F20 box)? Could I use, standard inner CV joints, motorsports shafts with GTE outer CV's and motorsport hub flanges with Corsa wheel bearings? It doesnt make sense, if you can use either or with a valver engine with an F20 then surely the same would apply to an F13box?
James R

14th Mar 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can, but you have to use MK2 Cav 1.6carb inner CV's on to 22spline shafts (don't quote me could be on no of splines) and that works. but the reverse is not possible, (i.e 2L shafts on to F13)
TOMAS

14th Mar 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bummer

Just how long are these bearings going to last? They are rumbling like fook, and round corners the whole front end buzzes LOL

Just hope they last out another 1000 miles over the next month
James R

14th Mar 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the money is it worth risking one falling apart??
sfxer

14th Mar 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, sort the bearings out wont cost much, cheap for peace of mind

either that or dont drive the car till the new engine etc. is fitted

really it would depend on how long the bearings have been playing up? as to wether they would last much longer or not.
TOMAS

14th Mar 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bearings are £25 a side, both have gone and I havent got a torque wrench that can do them up to the correct torque as mine starts at 30Nm, nor have I got a press to press the new ones in properly

Garage wants £60+ labour to do the job, so with bearings £110+. Only for me to have to put new bearings in the motorsport hub flanges that are going on next month ARSE.

Breakers will do me a complete set of Corsa hubs for £50 notes but then i'll have to fit them... either way what a pants time for them to go! They started getting noticably noisey about 700miles ago - it just came on one day for no particular reason. Whats the worse case scenario, could I loose a wheel?

New Poll