corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hmmm what to do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hmmm what to do?
Trucido

User status: Offline
7th Mar 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im getting a 15" JLW3 and a kenwood mono amp (not sure which one)

all i have is crappy standard speakers in the dash and I'll replace them with some 10cm components and a tweeter maybe...but I removed the rear quarter panels today and saw loads of space behind them so I was thinking of maybe amping some other components? maybe 6 x 9 's ? and putting them in there...what do u think?

[Edited on 07-03-2004 by Trucido]
Trucido

8th Mar 04 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldn't put 6x9's in mate, the sub is for bass, putting 6x9's in will ruin the setup, unless you filter low frequencies away from the 6x9s, in which case you might as well get some good components

so i'd say compenents matey
Trucido

8th Mar 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now which components lol i've got a set of coaxial but there not gonna be as good as components so I might sell em
Dom

8th Mar 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally mate, i would wack the coxials in the rear and just take them from your HU They dont have to be loud or anything since your up front and its just to give some sound into the rear for any peeps back there

As for the front, yea replace those ASAP, although surely you can get bigger that 10cm in there? like 13 or 17cm comps? will make alot more difference mate And remember to amp them too

And the amp for the JL 15", i would look at getting a something better than a kenny amp mate Also, i would get an amp that pushes out more RMS wattage that what the sub needs, then just drop it on the gains ie: if the sub needs 200, get a 230w or 250w amp and drop the gains. That way you will be getting the best outta the sub
Trucido

8th Mar 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its the insurance replacing the old one that I had...I'm not actually sure on what there giving me I suppose I'll have to wait and see...

unless I start cutting the dash up there's no way I will get anything bigger in.

I'm currently looking through scrap yards for a later version of my car with speaker pods in the doors so I can have the door cards and put them in mine, they will take 17cm

New Poll