corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what induction kit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what induction kit?
gibspeed

User status: Offline
6th Mar 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi new to the board, have just got myself a corsa c 1.4 16v and about to start modding, already have a shopping list of the following

first:
dbilas inlet manifold and chip
lexmaul manifold
full scorpion exhaust

second: (in 6-12 months)
ported polished head
omega pistons
piper cams and vernier pulleys

i need to know what induction kit will fit the dbilas inlet as i was thinking a pripercross viper but not sure if this would get me the most power! how much would the above give me looking for 130-150 bhp.

also looking for lightened flywheel and clutch.

any way hello everyone

[Edited on 06-03-2004 by gibspeed]
Marc

6th Mar 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might get 120bhp with that lot, all depends how lucky you are! You dont always get the full bhp of the individual mods added together.
bubble

6th Mar 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not tryin to dampen ur spirits but if new car will totally invalidate all warranty
Ryan L

6th Mar 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why spend all the money on 1.4 16v when you could search around and try and find a 1.8 16v from an SRI
Kris TD

6th Mar 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jr has 136 bhp but that has got inlet, cams, a decent racing management system, flowed head, 4 branch manifols full zoorst and various other bits.

as for induction kit, use a drilled airbox, inductions kits could well loose power.
gibspeed

8th Mar 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car is 2 years old so warranty nearly up anyway. just spoke to someone a dbilas, apparently with the mods i have asked for should get 148bhp, didnt want a 1.8 as want to keep weight down as much as poss, going to strip it out so should be a track day monster. have decided on a Ram air induction kit and use a flower pot as a heat shield sounds daft but is meant to work very well have a mate who has done this on his golf gti.

New Poll