corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brands Of Lowering Springs - But who's Best???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brands Of Lowering Springs - But who's Best???
MattyB

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol.....i was askin for advice tho Vibs.

I know that even without u tellin me, i can go out and spend my money on woteva i want....but i wanted a hand on this from the pro's.

Whats the next best brand to Eibach then???

Matt
vibrio
Banned

2nd Mar 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
lol.....i was askin for advice tho Vibs.

I know that even without u tellin me, i can go out and spend my money on woteva i want....but i wanted a hand on this from the pro's.

Whats the next best brand to Eibach then???

Matt

I can advise you what the quality of springs are, I can advise you what spring/shock combos are like on puntos. I can offer no advice about what rides/handles well in a 306
MattyB

2nd Mar 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oky doke. The same has generally been said on PGAC, that eibach are the best.....but i was wonderin bout second best really.

It seems there is no definate answer tho, so i'll go for some Eibach....

Now Craig/Scott/RedSxi.....who can do me the best deal...............

Matt
Joff

2nd Mar 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you want second best?

Keep playing the lads on here for Eibach prices and you'll get them for under £100
Andy

2nd Mar 04 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilstein make great shocks but they don't make springs - the springs in their kits are made by Terra and are utter shite. (should be called Terrable ) I had two front Terra springs crack on me within 18months of installation. But Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs are a very good match indeed
AdiSRI

2nd Mar 04 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wat are the best -60mm springs for corsa as i want it to sit low.
Joff

2nd Mar 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got Bilstein shocks and Chassis Dynamics springs and the ride is solid. Handles nicely but ride quality is terrible- I struggle to get traction on straights, on roundabouts, etc... tyres are supposed to be grippy (Yoko 539s) but I'm wearing them away quite nicely thanks

On the roads it's good to have a bit of movement in the suspension - kinda handy this having the wheels in contact with the road malarky

[Edited on 03-03-2004 by Joff]
AdiSRI

3rd Mar 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you not reccomend fk springs then joff?
Joff

3rd Mar 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no "good" spring for a -60mm drop.

Apex Corsa springs are all fucked so get the Nova springs, but then Apex are a budget spring...
FK are a better spring but don't do a -60mm all round kit - only a Euro 60/40 or 75/50.

I suppose at the end of the day, you're not lowering -60mm to get a car that handles well - just get the cheapest springs.
Joff

3rd Mar 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
do you not reccomend fk springs then joff?

Not above Eibach, no.

But Eibach's prices all went up at the end of January so it's looking even worse for those.
For value for money, FK or Vogtland. Quality is close to Eibach (well closer than Chassis Dynamics, Apex, Pi, etc) at a fraction of the price.
You'd still fit the FKs though thinking you should have paid the extra £50 for Eibachs
AdiSRI

3rd Mar 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but i do want it to sit low, im fed up of Apex high arse syndrome.
FK springs are a pain due to their drops, id like the -50mm rear, but think -75 at front wud mean rolling on the arch all the time.

any news on the adjustible FK's?????

[Edited on 03-03-2004 by AdiSRI]
Joff

3rd Mar 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adjustable FK's - as in coilovers?

FK don't make normal shock absorbers, only coilovers are made in house. Their standard dampers aren't anything special - the AKX budget are pretty much cheap and cheerful uprated shocks.
High-Tec shocks are a lot better and I *think* might be non-adjustable Konis. Probably wrong.

AdiSRI

3rd Mar 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not coilovers the new super-tec spring kit they do with the adjustible height rear springs like coilovers have....
I'm in need of details but no one seems to want to give any out.
Joff

3rd Mar 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah those. I didn't know they'd put a name to them

I don't know what fronts they use but the rear springs with the coilover kits seem quite beefy (technical term ).
They list the rears with the platform all as individual parts, so you just need to specify what car, pick the platform off the list, add the platform spanners and spray..

AdiSRI

3rd Mar 04 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel i gave u guys the model number off fk's website they list them as 3 spring kits with the rear adjustibles and the 3 differnt front sets 40, 60, 75.
how much are the platforms/spanners and springs?? Or the kit as a whole.
AdiSRI

3rd Mar 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From FK Website

FK SUPER TEC sport springs/suspension kits are the latest development from FK Automotive. Similar to the HIGH TEC springs/suspension kits, an additional height adjustment of the rear axle by a coilover collar is available. This allows an exact adjustment of the rear, as some car manufactures have a lower rear wheel arch than the front; fitting standard sport springs/suspension kits without height adjustment at the rear might not be satisifying in the look of the owner. Also a heavy ICE in the trunk might spoil the look of the car, no problem with SUPERTEC, an adjustment is made within minutes!
FK recommends a complete FK SUPERTEC suspension kit when the mileage of the car is higher than 60.000 kms (~35.000 miles), including new dome bearings.

Opel Corsa B
year: 3.93 -
Tieferlegung: 35-40
order number: FKOP907

Opel Corsa B
Tieferlegung: 60/40
order number: FKOP909

Opel Corsa B
Tieferlegung: 75/50
order number: FKOP911

Any help??

Paul_J

3rd Mar 04 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lower that ...
Joff

3rd Mar 04 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
From FK Website

FK SUPER TEC sport springs/suspension kits are the latest development from FK Automotive. Similar to the HIGH TEC springs/suspension kits, an additional height adjustment of the rear axle by a coilover collar is available. This allows an exact adjustment of the rear, as some car manufactures have a lower rear wheel arch than the front; fitting standard sport springs/suspension kits without height adjustment at the rear might not be satisifying in the look of the owner. Also a heavy ICE in the trunk might spoil the look of the car, no problem with SUPERTEC, an adjustment is made within minutes!
FK recommends a complete FK SUPERTEC suspension kit when the mileage of the car is higher than 60.000 kms (~35.000 miles), including new dome bearings.

Opel Corsa B
Tieferlegung: 35-40
order number: FKOP907

Opel Corsa B
Tieferlegung: 60/40
order number: FKOP909

Opel Corsa B
Tieferlegung: 75/50
order number: FKOP911

Any help??

Yeah, I know Matt was chasing it up for you- I kicked him when you mentioned it earlier today (yesterday..). Actually I threw scissors at him.
AdiSRI

3rd Mar 04 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks, just these seem real good and im not into spending £500+ for coilovers which are the only real alternative.
Paul_J

3rd Mar 04 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok thanks, just these seem real good and im not into spending £500+ for coilovers which are the only real alternative.

No prob... a couple of moose legs will run a premium at race wars.
Joff

3rd Mar 04 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brands Of Lowering Springs - But who's Best??? 23 database queries in 0.0158288 seconds