corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bumper repairs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bumper repairs
Kris TD

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wont fail, they will drill a hole at each end of the crack to stop it speading, scrape some of it out to make it bigger, cover the back with fibreglass matting, stuff some strand filler in from the front finnihs off with body filler, onmyl take them about 10 mins to do.
Colour-Tec Coachworks

2nd Feb 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont use fibreglass on plastics mate. Its not a composite that would stick to plastic, thats why they dont use it and generally bin the bumpers.
There is a fairly new material out that bigger bodyshops are using called fuser plastic repair solution. Its almost like a silicone, but it drys hard and is a composite that WILL bond to plastic and stay fixed.
As for the paint, yeah if the rest of the paint on the bumper is perfect they will just do a small spot repair and fade it out.
Kris TD

2nd Feb 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i forgot bout that stuff, i have actually used it too fill the recess on ma bumpers its black stuff.
GavW

3rd Feb 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah man, they wont spray the whole thing unless you ask, my bro works doing this thing every day, they have contracts with mercedes and pug. anyone who is good at spraying will be able to blend it in and you would never know.

Trust me, if you try and blend it it will look crap. I do this for a living and the body shop I work at is an insurance approved repairer and deal with cars such as BMW, Merc, Jag etc and we never blend a bumper. My brothers bumper was blended and look crap.

[Edited on 03-02-2004 by GavW]
sfxer

3rd Feb 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ma close mate of mine stacked his scooby into a barrier and dinged the bumper right in on the corner under the light,

£90 to repair it very well.

that was from a place called plastic surgeon, not sure if they are national or not tho.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll