corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » now thats why the power steering dont work any more! oh fcuk!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author now thats why the power steering dont work any more! oh fcuk!!
Bonzai

User status: Offline
   14th Jan 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first time ive opened the bonnet in 2 weeks cos its been jammed down after a crash...

looked at the power steering pump and to my horror! both of its mounting bolts have vibrated free and dissapeared and the belt has vanished somewhere. the pump is now sitting in my engine bay co theres no way of it moving nywhere without some serious work. what the feck do i do now theo?!?

can i get the bolts from anywhere or will i need to get them from vaux? and can i do the belt myself or is it a garage jobbie?
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try get the bolt down the scrapp yard, if not order them from vauxhall wont be too expensive, change the belt ya self, yours must have snapped cos you will have to lower the engine off the front left engine mount to get a new belt on, its a real easy job
Kris TD

14th Jan 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro did his pas, cam and aux drive belt all in a day, yess you have to take the drivers side engine mount off, not difficult though
Bonzai

14th Jan 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i got to go down scrappie friday see if i can find a new bonnet anyway so ill try and get teh bolts...

the belt. not really confident about doing that sort of stuff myself. does the engine need to be suspended/secured on a crane/lift to do it?
Kris TD

14th Jan 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, you just use a trolley jack under the sump, its easy to do.
ainsley_brader

15th Jan 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

place a block of wood between the sump and the trolley jack though to spread the load!

New Poll