corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » camera van pics(DONT TRUST THEY CAN IDENTIFY YOU)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author camera van pics(DONT TRUST THEY CAN IDENTIFY YOU)
Makarus

User status: Offline
12th Jan 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basic fact is, if they can identify the plates yet not the driver then they will prosecute the registered owner of the car because in all reasonable cases the owner should know who is driving, and if they dont it is their job to find out who was or take the points.

The only time that it can be got away with is company vehicles yet there are now proceedures coming into place that mean all drivers have to record when they are driving a vehicle.
Makarus

12th Jan 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By all drivers I mean company drivers not the general public.
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i disagree, you are wrong, and ive even found the case to prove it

from the times newpaper
Another loophole was exposed by Neil Hamilton, the former Tory MP, and his wife Christine. She was cleared by magistrates after claiming that neither of them could remember who had been driving when they passed the camera.

as they shared a car, and cudnt prove who was driving, they got away with it
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the article also ahs details of the dwight york loophole, dating loophole, technical loophole and the family loophole its from dec 30th but not sure if you will be able to see it unless you are subscribed to the online times jobby

most common at the moment are usuing yorke and hamilton loopholes
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here are the current loopholes incase your interested and cant get access to the article

THE LOOPHOLES

* The Dwight Yorke loophole: The footballer's agent filled out the form. The High Court ruled against its use as Mr Yorke had not signed it himself

* The Hamilton loophole: Neil and Christine Hamilton claimed that neither could remember who was driving

* Technical loophole: Two North Yorkshire PCs argued signs were illegal because of a black border instead of a red one

* Dating loophole: Challenges have been successful if notices of prosecution were issued more than 14 days after the offence, or had errors

* The granny get-out: Drivers register vehicles in the name of non-driving relatives, who do not return the form, the maximum penalty for which is a Pounds 1,000 fine and three penalty points. The points are irrelevant to non-drivers
Miner

12th Jan 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried it & failed, unless ur a footballer or are stinkin rich enuf to afford the best legal advice they will evuntually do you and i mean quite literally by upping your fine & points just because they can and they're wanks! You couldnt c my face entirely but it was easy to c it was me. Just remember, never invite them into your house, once you invite them into your house you are powerless against them!
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree that the costs of good legal advice are high, costs like hundreds of pounds an hour if you want someone decent like 'slaughter and may'
Trucido

12th Jan 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
What happens if some1 nicks ur plates and goes thru a speed camera at 90. can u get out of it???

erm they check the registration plate to the car so if someone stole your plates and put them on a diff car they wud kinda notice its a different car and of course you would get off
big eck

12th Jan 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ
Well said, however, i just threw the second notice in the bin and havnt heard anything since... been 8 months now... do ya think I'm in the clear??? I still panic every time a brown letter is sent to me house lol...

It must come to court within 6 months or its dropped.
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you should be an honest member of society and call the police, inform then they have not prosecuted you and insist that they do so this instant

or you will be forced to continue speeding until they do!
ado

12th Jan 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys for all comments and the bitter shit some you have put on there.
Just clear up a few points:-
Its was a company car
Company have done there bit by tellin the police i was driver(they no longer in the picture now)
I have filled in the form correctly with all my details but not signed it(not abliged to by law,therefore not evidence in court
have got the evidence they have on me and cant make me out from the pics they r crap quality,which i rang up and asked about because of goin to court,was told they are no better on the svreen in there office
******When all said and done not signed the form coz dont have to by LAW and then asking them to prove it was me driving by the use of there evidence(just shame its such crap quality or they would be able to identify me as driver*********

P.S. Just so you dont get me wrong shame some people have lost there licence from this thats y law needs changing.
But then there is the other weak lins that shit them selfs when it lands on their doors step,fill in,sign and send back.

YOU MUST ALWAYS GET ALL THE EVIDENCE THEY HAVE ON YOU PLUS CALIBRATION CERT AND OPERATERS TRAINING RECORDS AT THE VERY LEAST,JUST TO MAKE SURE THINKS ARE ALL ABOVE BOARD.
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope you get off with it ado, let me know what happens when you go to court cause im interested in how they try and identify you

good luck mate
ado

13th Jan 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah no problem warped will let you now how get on.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll