corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lower section of the inlet??? help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lower section of the inlet??? help
corsa120

User status: Offline
5th Jan 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im considering keeping my 1.6 16v instead of 2.0 conversion due to fact my 1.6 has 28000 miles so plenty of ragging left in it til i do a conversion when my 1.6 gets higher mileage.

im thinkin of spendin the 1200 quid on my 1.6 ive saved im lookin at dbilas inlet manifold my question is can u replace the lower part of the inlet without removing the engine i no it means cut knuckles but is it possible??

my next plan will be to have the head ported an polished any1 know what this costs and then to have a dastek unichip fitted that should keep me happy while i save again for a 2.0

the engine already has 4branch/zorst/filter

my final setup will be,

1.6 16v
dbilas manifold,
unichip,
ported polshed head,
4 branch
cat back with decat
filter

hopfully this should see 130 bhp if not more so will keep me happy for next year or so cheez for any help
miles

5th Jan 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dblias? Why not velos?

Can be changed in situ.
corsa120

5th Jan 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno really dbilas looks good too though and different too
Greasemonkey

5th Jan 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took off my lower inlet manifold without removing the engine, its a bitch but is possible, and yes plenty of cut knuckles, go for throttle bodies man, head ported & polish about £250, me and you are gonna have very similar engines, i wouldnt be suprised if you were closer to 140BHP with all that, donna GSI got 161BHP remember and thats with a cat back only exhaust, pipercross filter, manztel power box and mantzel chip, you just dont know with these engines they can suprise you
DangerousDave16v

6th Jan 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Donnas spec is very impressive
what sort of price would you expect to pay for that mantzel chip? and is that with standard cams?
Greasemonkey

6th Jan 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah standard cams, i dunno how they got the chip done, its a mantzel superchip mapped to donnas car done specially, with mantzel power boxes etc you need a superchip to up the rev limit to 7500ish cos the power is 5000rpm and upwards, mine still pulls stong at the rev limit so getting it removed asap

New Poll