corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » WIRING NIGHTMARE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WIRING NIGHTMARE
krismufc

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need help with this urgently.
I tried to wire up the fogs on a gsi bumper but it has all gone pear shaped.
I tried to connect it to the loop on the side light circuit and when it was switched on alot of the original wiring loom melted (well the positive on the side lights), which i take is the grey/red wire??
I have cut this right back, just behind the glove box where i thought it was alright and the new wire is fine, but the part of original wire i left there started to melt again.
I thought the original cause was that when i spliced into the side light circuit, i trapped the earth with the live, but am unsure what to do now.
I urgently need help as this has disabled the car for daytime use only
any ideas???
Adam

23rd Dec 03 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam

23rd Dec 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wired this way if one light blows the other will still work
Adam

23rd Dec 03 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should not wire up the fogs to the sidelights, this is very stupid and the police will rape you
krismufc

23rd Dec 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fog lights are switched so i can turn them on or off with the side lights, but it was melting the circuit, how or where do i attach it to the circuit?
Greasemonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will have to wire in a new circuit cos you are drawing too much current down you side light circuit and melting your wires, they aint up to the job of running fogs too, you some times get this when fitting powerfull headlight bulds they pull a higher current through the original wires and melt them
krismufc

23rd Dec 03 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you say wire a new circuit do you mean replace the wire completely back to the fuse box? or where to? The wire i replaced i used either 15/17 amp cable is this right?
If so how was it when my cousin done the exact same on his l reg corsa the wiring didn't melt ata ll and he used the samne wiring kit as mine and the same fog lights?
How else could i do it without connecting to the sidelights then? If i use the first diagram above, the relay i got with the switch has 4 pins on it, so does that mean i could do it that way so i can have the fogs on or off even without any lights on at all?

New Poll