corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bilstein Coilovers and also Camber adjustment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bilstein Coilovers and also Camber adjustment
Chunks_UK

User status: Offline
29th Nov 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got a set of bilstein coilovers and I have run into a problem fitting them on the front
I have 205/45/17 tyres on the front and 45mm offset Kahn alloys.
The problem is that the shaft of the coilovers binds on the inside tyre wall.
I have seen the staff corsa in max power with 18's on and he has the same bilstein kit as I do.
I was thinking spacers would solve it, but that would add all sorts of other problems with the arches then.
Has anyone come across this problem before and does anyone know how to solve it and stop the coilover binding on the tyre wall?

Also does anyone know anything i can do to adjust the camber angle to stop the tyres wearing unevenly??

Cheers guys
Kerry

29th Nov 03 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to sam (cheekycorsa) he had problems with his coilovers not sure exactely wot though but spacers were the cure

when i fitted mine i was advised to get 4 wheels alignment to help tyre wear i dont think the camber is that adjustable iirc
Chunks_UK

29th Nov 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for that.
I will get in conact with him.
Out of interest, how lo is ur car at the moment? do u still get uneven tyre wear?
Ty_Harris

29th Nov 03 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need 4mm spacers mate, this will place the alloy far enough away to stop any rubbing on the shaft of the coilover
Kerry

29th Nov 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had my coilovers on about 2 months max now and i had them set to 40mm on front and 50mm on rear (approx as hard to tell with coilovers) theres stil a way to wind down on them but i was waitin for it to settle a bit before i did. it had dropped alot since then and even though its sat even the front is alot lower than the back but thats vectras for u. think il go lower again after winter. here some pics

thats when i first got them on

thats now

New Poll