corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Drilled my airbox and.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drilled my airbox and.....
Doug_SRi

User status: Offline
19th Nov 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the car is using way too much petrol! Car is now 2 weeks old and covered just over 900 miles already so its nearly run in. On my way home from dundee i filled it up with a full tank of BP Ultimate. I did 110 miles and then the needle was on the 3/4 mark on the dash. Now i put a full tank of shell normal fuel in on sunday morning and drilled my air box on monday night. Not got a panel filter yet but i have done 120 miles since and used 1/2 a tank! I havnt been driving any differently but its used well more since i drilled it. I am gonna see how many miles i can get to this tank and then decide what to do.
Doug_SRi

19th Nov 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 1.4 16v twinport btw any suggestions?
Paul H

19th Nov 03 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funny you should say that i had apiper x filter on my c and it used loads of fuel.so took it off and put standard filter back on and it's gone back to normal don't use hardly any fuel
koolkorsa

19th Nov 03 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer i fink mines doing the same, used to get 50 miles per £5, now im gettin 35ish.
koolkorsa

19th Nov 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know how much a new airbox is. or could i fill the hole i made in somehow?
corsa-sxi

19th Nov 03 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe u were doing motorway driving b4, now u are doing town driving....in my 1.2 sxi i drive in city most of the time..rarely go rural driving..i get less than 30mpg
Doug_SRi

19th Nov 03 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the twin port uses less fuel when the revs are low and when the revs get higher another port opens or something and more air goes in giving more performance or something along those lines vauxhall told me. i think i will try another tank with it and see what happens. on the very first air box i drilled i filled some of the wholes in as i put a few in the wrong place since it cant b seen it dont matter what you use. Overton dismantilers tried to charge me £25 for a corsa c air box but i said i could get it for £20 from vauxhall and i got it for £15 dont know what vauxhall would charge but i would think it would be alot more. when i drilled the airbox on my sxi 1.2 it didnt effect the fuel at all
Scotty_B

19th Nov 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
maybe u were doing motorway driving b4, now u are doing town driving....in my 1.2 sxi i drive in city most of the time..rarely go rural driving..i get less than 30mpg

Yeah, I agree with my drilled airbox I am getting less than 30mpg. Its sounds good though, I guess you have to give a little fuel to gain a little sound.
koolkorsa

19th Nov 03 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to fill the hole, culd i just put some cardboard or plastic ova the hole?
corsa-sxi

19th Nov 03 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsri_bt i have no drill box tho lol, im thinking of getting bfo cone instead..will it affect my fuel econ any more lol, im on about 30mpg
Scotty_B

19th Nov 03 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My drilled airbox is louder and the engine is more responsive than my old Piper X ever was. I would defo' drill the air-box mate as a BFO will take in 2 much hot air, its also free to do and if want an after-market filter the K&N one is £35. Thats what I've got.
Noonster

20th Nov 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a drilled airbox and the car uses the same fuel amount as before
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinking about getting a pipercross viper thing.. will this use n e more fuel?
Noonster

20th Nov 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick with the airbox chris, it does the job
sunnyb

20th Nov 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what ya sayin guys? stay with drilled airbox and but k&n replacement filter? or go for BFO cone with enclosed cold air feed!!! dunno i got a drilled wit standard filter at the mo
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Nov 03 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got drille airbox wiv panal filter. . i could do 130 to £10 if i fill up as soon as it goes red.
Noonster

20th Nov 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got drilled with standard filter, and it does me..... should really get the PVD filter but never seem to get round to ordering it.
sunnyb

20th Nov 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pvd filter a=or k&N!! cheers
Gambit

20th Nov 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure its not usign more fuel because your constantly flooring it in order to hear the drilled airbox noise?
watson 1.416v

20th Nov 03 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what better performence bfo cone or k&n? im thinkin of gettin a bfo cos ive got a k&n and the lasts few months its bein sounding like a bag of bollacks.
sunnyb

20th Nov 03 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na man im talkin about the filters PVD or k&N?/ would any of ya know?
Noonster

20th Nov 03 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sunnyb
pvd filter a=or k&N!! cheers

They all do the same job - So get whichever you can thats cheapest.....

New Poll