corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacement engine GSI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacement engine GSI
tedmister

User status: Offline
   16th Nov 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anybody help , Ive got a Corsa GSI of which the engine sadly said bye bye a little while ago . I was thinking on putting a 1800 16valve or 2000 16valve replacement vauxhall engine in to give a little umph in the girl, problem arose when speaking to a vauxhal friend with him saying the wiring loom wil all have to be changed is this so? or is there any other alternatives? faithfully mark .
PaulW

16th Nov 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes the ECU & Engine loom will need to be replaced for the matching item of the new engine. TBH you'd be best going for the XE RedTop conversion (2ltr 16v), as there the most common & parts for this are readily available.

You will probs be looking in the region of around 1k-1.5k for the lot (depending if you fit the engine yourself or get a mechanic to do it)

PVD stock the Conversion Kit - http://www.pvdnet.co.uk

and best place to possibly source the Engine, Gearbox, Loom & ECU will be MIG - http://www.migweb.co.uk
ado

16th Nov 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate.

Im just doing the 2.0L 16v red top conversion myself,its top quality and easy if you got little machanical knoledge.
The red top engine is the best to fit all things match easly.
Wiring loom is peice of piss.
I just put a wanted add in local free adds paper for an engine,came up trumps!
Got the conversion kit from pvd who are very helpfull but if any tech question the conversion kit makers in holland i think all speak English an are also very helpful.

Im thinking of the 2.1L 16v TURBO next i think!!!!
userstephl

17th Nov 03 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put 2.0 16v ecotec easy 2 fit match up all wires 4 bhp less than a red top
a cav red top is 147 bhp
a cav ecotec is 143 bhp
easy 2 fit
miles

17th Nov 03 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The c20xe is 150bhp with cat, 156 without.

The ecotec is 136bhp? And much less tunable.

New Poll