corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone Wanna Exercise Their Brain??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone Wanna Exercise Their Brain??
corb

User status: Offline
6th Nov 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomas' brain was apparently too tired and told him to fuck off.

AustinPXX is currently giving his opinion.

And I cant decide.

So,

Shall I sell my Clarion MXZ-718R Mini-Disc Head Unit, Clarion 6 Disc Changer, Clarion DPH-913(Digital Sound Processor)link for DSPHEREand Alpine IVA-C800R CD/Tuner Screen

and get all my mini-disc music put onto CD

and then buy:

Alpine IVA-D900R

HDA-5460

What Dya'll reckon??
PainZ

6th Nov 03 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you do i shall be nicking both the units

You know what im like with Alpine hardware, as it really is the bolloxs

both the units you listed as you know are some of the cutting edge stuff on the market and thus do come at a big price! Unless you work for halfords and get a % discount you decide

The D900R has been tested against all the screens on the market and always comes out on top, so there is no worries there.

One thing i would say is you will notice the sound difference in songs unless you dl MP3s with a higher bps than 192.

something else to consider is do you really need both items? You already have a very good set up and im unsure if you can justify putting money towards a new screen and mp3 juke box.

I personally think you should save your money and buy the other two L7's you want and maybe save more and get the crazy SPL monkey amp you want from yank land!
corb

6th Nov 03 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just the D900 then?? which can play MP3's. I wouldnt have resorted to this, if Clarion had been a little more helpful with regard to an MP3 CD Changer, woman was like, 'we dont do one at the moment' I know, i said, but will there be one, 'we dont know, nothing is due for release until next year' so i responded with, well, would you imagine that there is going to be one, ESPECIALLY as all the other major players on the market do one. 'i dont know, cant help you im afraid' grrrrr!
PainZ

6th Nov 03 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No dont just get the D900,

That wont be capable of running your whole system alone. Well it would do it, just very craply!

Hows about getting the D900 and a 9815 or 9812.

Reason i say this is then you can have somthing to run your audio system and then somthing on your multimedia to.

Also you would be able to watch DVD's or play games as well as having sounds playing via the Headunit
corb

6th Nov 03 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i'd need to get new RCA's
Martin_C

7th Nov 03 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bit rate on mp3s is hardly noticeable in a car, i have an alpine mp3 player and its full of features to filter out noise, fair enough 80kbps songs are shit, but 128 and over is fine, which is the norm bit rate these days.
corb

7th Nov 03 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if someone has REALLY finely tuned hearing, any potential for being able to tell the difference??
Richie

7th Nov 03 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

96 kbps is also very shit, i can tell the difference with anything under 192kbps, and identify whether its 96, 112, 128, or 160kbps.
corb

7th Nov 03 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so, id probably tell the difference then??
Richie

7th Nov 03 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say you would, record from CD at 192kbps. And try and download tracks at 128kbps, cos thats the standard really
Melville

7th Nov 03 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Austins right like!! I d/l nothing under 192 cos anything under that you can tell the diff at high volumes on the top end and also the bass will sound as if its not all there. I would imagine on your system mate that you would hear it even more considering mines only pushing out a measily 300w lol

New Poll