corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boot install!! FULL ALPINE SYSTEM - now with pic!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot install!! FULL ALPINE SYSTEM - now with pic!!
ChazSXi

User status: Offline
   24th Oct 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you peeps reckon to this and is that everything needed to get it workin?! what kinda power should be expected?

2 x 12" 600w alpine type s subs in sealed black boxes
1 x 600w alpine MRDM300 with birth certificate,
1x 5m 4g power cable with inline fuse holder,
1x 1.5 4g earth cable,
1x 1m 4g power cable,
1x 5m RCA cable,
1x fused digital 4 way distribution box, + all fuses

cheers ICE dudes!

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by ChazSXi]

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by ChazSXi]

ChazSXi

24th Oct 03 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on peeps!
Dom

24th Oct 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good boss
Although i take your wacking the subs in a 2ohm load? (dont know fuck all about the subs/amp btw lol)
if i were you i would look at getting 6m's worth of cable, i worked it out roughly on my corsa and im having to get 6m's worth, so
Remote wire cable?...just a suggestion lol

Dom

edit: Speaker cable mate
Although just having a butchers at the sub and there 300w RMS each and the amp looks like it can only push out 300w RMS at 2ohms If thats the case, then you gonna need something bigger...even at 4ohms (ie: have one to each sub) your only gonna be getting 150w RMS to each
The MRDM500 looks like the thing your after, it pushes out 500w RMS at 2ohms...even then i think its too little. Look at Rockford/JL amps for them mate

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by VisibleMan]
ChazSXi

24th Oct 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
looks good boss
Although i take your wacking the subs in a 2ohm load? (dont know fuck all about the subs/amp btw lol)
if i were you i would look at getting 6m's worth of cable, i worked it out roughly on my corsa and im having to get 6m's worth, so
Remote wire cable?...just a suggestion lol

Dom

edit: Speaker cable mate
Although just having a butchers at the sub and there 300w RMS each and the amp looks like it can only push out 300w RMS at 2ohms If thats the case, then you gonna need something bigger...even at 4ohms (ie: have one to each sub) your only gonna be getting 150w RMS to each
The MRDM500 looks like the thing your after, it pushes out 500w RMS at 2ohms...even then i think its too little. Look at Rockford/JL amps for them mate

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by VisibleMan]

thats boss man! gettin in 2nd hand and i think hes been running the two subs like that ion a 206!
Dom

24th Oct 03 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if it be cheap then go for it mate Although dont wack up yo gains or start wacking up the bass on your HU (IE: create distortion), you'll only fuck up your subs/amp - hence thats why my mates vipe amp (in one of those all-in-one jobbies) decided to go bang one day then again he believes his HU pushes out 90w RMS...

Dom
ChazSXi

24th Oct 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well if it be cheap then go for it mate Although dont wack up yo gains or start wacking up the bass on your HU (IE: create distortion), you'll only fuck up your subs/amp - hence thats why my mates vipe amp (in one of those all-in-one jobbies) decided to go bang one day then again he believes his HU pushes out 90w RMS...

Dom

£230 sound good u reckon?
SRi_m00k

25th Oct 03 at 05:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if thats ur wirin an all in sounds gd!!

all ye need is a whack of mdf an a few weeks oof work lol
ChazSXi

25th Oct 03 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi_m00k
if thats ur wirin an all in sounds gd!!

all ye need is a whack of mdf an a few weeks oof work lol

y am i gonna need mdf?!
Dom

25th Oct 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate...DONT GET THE AMP!!!
caraudiodirect.com do it for 200 squid and the M500 is 319....get the subs, but leave the amp and get one new or look around for something else
To find a mono block that will knock out 600w RMS (or near to that) is a git...i cant find anything. Most of em knock out 500w RMS or 1000w..although ones i have seen are: Phoenix Gold R5.01 (500w @ 2ohm) , Rockford POWER501BD (500w @ 2ohm) , DLS CA10 (700w @ 2ohms) and one that will suit the subs ina 2ohm load to a Tee, is the Mac Audio Pulsar 1XL..which gives 600w RMS @ 2ohms...its 1 penny from 300 squid.

As for the mdf i think m00k was thinking of boot building or sub box etc Although have a look at already built boxes first, will save ya self some time Unless you want to do a propper boot install then yea, your gonna need mdf and plenty of it

Dom
ChazSXi

25th Oct 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
mate...DONT GET THE AMP!!!
caraudiodirect.com do it for 200 squid and the M500 is 319....get the subs, but leave the amp and get one new or look around for something else
To find a mono block that will knock out 600w RMS (or near to that) is a git...i cant find anything. Most of em knock out 500w RMS or 1000w..although ones i have seen are: Phoenix Gold R5.01 (500w @ 2ohm) , Rockford POWER501BD (500w @ 2ohm) , DLS CA10 (700w @ 2ohms) and one that will suit the subs ina 2ohm load to a Tee, is the Mac Audio Pulsar 1XL..which gives 600w RMS @ 2ohms...its 1 penny from 300 squid.

As for the mdf i think m00k was thinking of boot building or sub box etc Although have a look at already built boxes first, will save ya self some time Unless you want to do a propper boot install then yea, your gonna need mdf and plenty of it

Dom

so the amp aint powerful enough then!!! both subs are in seperate boxes so its ready to run! can you have the subs facin each other or would facin out be better
the_legend_of_yrag

25th Oct 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mrd300 amp wont be good enough as running both subs off it will only get 150w each.

I have two type r's at 300rms each also and want to keep it alpine, so im gunna go for the mrd500 as it will give the subs 250w each!
ChazSXi

25th Oct 03 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
the mrd300 amp wont be good enough as running both subs off it will only get 150w each.

I have two type r's at 300rms each also and want to keep it alpine, so im gunna go for the mrd500 as it will give the subs 250w each!

would it be enough to run them for the time being or would it blow! cos i could run one save up and buy another to have one sub being powered by one amp!?
ChazSXi

29th Oct 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloke wants £200 for it!! good deal???
ChazSXi

30th Oct 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pls help me he wants a quick sale and only wants £200 for it!!! is has everything needed to get it running!!
ChazSXi

30th Oct 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a pic of what hes selling!! also supplied are two foot long blue neons and possibly a few more smaller neons all for £200!!!
Dom

30th Oct 03 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the whole lot is 200 quid then get it mate
For time being mate, just run one sub off the amp and either save up for another or save up for another more powerful amp that will run both (giving them 300wRMS each)
See if you can go an see it first though...make sure nothing is fried/blow
Dom
ChazSXi

30th Oct 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloke is sound! the subs are 200 rms so 150 rms shouldnt make them sound too bad! amp has a cool digi display on it aswell! :thumb: might just save up and get another of the same amp as it looks lush! wants an answer byr friday so is it yay or nay!?
Fear

30th Oct 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good deal i spose!!!!

Just run one sub off the amp at the moment then save up and buy another MRD300 for the other then put that in, you may damage the subs or amp running both
Dom

30th Oct 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...well if the subs run at 200w RMS and your amp wacks out 300w RMS @ 2ohm then go for it boss. Just remember that you will need to put the sub into a 2Ohm load
However, i would see if you can go see the stuff just to check it over and what not. Unless he leaves a few hundred miles away, in which case just hope that he aint selling you duff stuff
Dom
Dom

30th Oct 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CheekyCorsa
Good deal i spose!!!!

Just run one sub off the amp at the moment then save up and buy another MRD300 for the other then put that in, you may damage the subs or amp running both

Well if they are put into a 2ohm load it should be a problem. Each one gets 150wRMS...and they max out at 200wRMS (apparently, i thought they were 300wRMS but hey) So it shouldnt be a problem, although dont go turn up the bass on your HU or wacking up gains. Distortion is what kills speakers!! as well as over powering them !
ChazSXi

30th Oct 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he got it set up by a mate who works at an Ice installers so everythings sound..hes sed he'll even bring the blokey along and he will put it in me car for me!! the neons are worth £25 and i knocked him down to £200 from £230!

Dom

30th Oct 03 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, it seems a excellent deal....just make sure the ICE bloke comes down and sorts it all out That way if anything goes bang its his fault and not yours etc

Dom
ChazSXi

30th Oct 03 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

foned up and hes like i'll come down if u want and we can fix it up at yours etc..so £200 and i dont even have to collect it!!
mike_1.2LS96

30th Oct 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those subs dont look like 12" to me, more like 9".
TOMAS

30th Oct 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cos a lot of manufacturers make 9" subs You want to try hooking a M500 to each typeR, i am and they rock.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll