corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » techie's help! getting the RPC and shutdown again, but msblast and others are fixed!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author techie's help! getting the RPC and shutdown again, but msblast and others are fixed!!
GIBBS

User status: Offline
28th Oct 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above, getting the RPC (remote procedure call) service error, and getting the 1 minute shutdown, now i have fixes msblast and sobig and the otha one but it's still doing it on the other account (main one) on this computer! any help!
Richie

28th Oct 03 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried installing SP1 or SP2?

Also if you have the norton anti virus CD boot using that.
DAYZEE

28th Oct 03 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the NT authority shutdown message appear go to a command prompt and type shutdown /a, that will abort the shutdown and you can run the fixes. Download Stinger.exe from here;

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Run this aswell as the symantec fixes for msblast and welchia. after the virus is removed go to windows update and update everything, that'll stop it.
GIBBS

28th Oct 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dayzee in the other account it will not allow me to do anything tho can't open any folders files start menu nothing!
vc07

28th Oct 03 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gibbs whats your e-mail address.
if you can get on your e-mails then i can send you the whole thing on how to solve it. wot kinda computer you got. i work for dell tech support but most computers are the same idea.
DAYZEE

28th Oct 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GIBBS
dayzee in the other account it will not allow me to do anything tho can't open any folders files start menu nothing!

This is a work machine with a policy or zenworks restriction on it then?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » techie's help! getting the RPC and shutdown again, but msblast and others are fixed!! 22 database queries in 0.0084069 seconds