corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urgent Help/advice needed pls computer peeps

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent Help/advice needed pls computer peeps
GT4Brody

User status: Offline
21st Oct 03 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just installed norton anti virus and it has detected 2 viruses, it says it cannot repair them but says the best thing to do is to delete the files they are on, only trouble is i am worried that if i delete them they may be something important to do with the operating system? Can you give me some advice or help.
The Files are: DLLHOST.exe and the virus is w32 welchie.worm

enbiei.exe w32Blaster,f.worm

Any help MUCH appreciated

A worried Brody
alnmcn

21st Oct 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are using win xp you could create a restore point before you delete them incase they are needed. Or you could delete them and get someone to email you a clean version of the file (if ist xp i can send it) to replace it, this should work.

I doubt if deleting it will cause problems anyway, i have had norton saying this before and i deleted the infected files with no probs.
l33t corsa

21st Oct 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the norton/symantec site and see what it says there.... it will have manual removal techniques etc.
GT4Brody

21st Oct 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate thanks, i well chance deleting them then, i may have to take you up on the offer of sending me the replacements it is xp, cheers mate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urgent Help/advice needed pls computer peeps 22 database queries in 0.0089390 seconds