corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finance advice - Could mean very cheap 1.6 Sport 1998 4 Sale

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finance advice - Could mean very cheap 1.6 Sport 1998 4 Sale
tina

User status: Offline
19th Oct 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My b-friend got me a 1998 1.6 sport on finance 18 month ago and i am sick of it so i have got myself a 306 gti-6 and was wondering how do we go with the finance if he stops paying? he will get a ccj and obviously it will be on the hpi register but a few people have said if the owner changes 3 times it cant be reposessed does anyone know if this is true? if so i have put it in my name even though it was in his name originally ( for me insurance) so it needs to change twice more and do you think my b-friend would have any prob selling it to someone on here for example @ £2000 its on a p/plate with 9 month mot and tax till nov only has 47000 miles and is black 3 door and totally standard?

Help Please?????

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by tina]
wayne hiscock

19th Oct 03 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a silly price for a 1.6 sport.

best bet is to ask finance company. but i think if you sell up then pay off finance straight away then ur ok.
nik

19th Oct 03 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to pay the finance company the balance obviously. If not the car would go on hpi etc and you'd get stung big time. Speak to the finance company about it, your only have to settle whats left then whatever cash is left over is yours
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Oct 03 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call the finance company and ask for a settlement figure. This is the amount of cash you will need to give them to clear the finance. You'll either be able to sell the car for more this and pocket the different or if you can't get this price, put something to it yourself.

You will also be entitled to a discount for early settlement as there's interest compounded in to the deal that you'll not be paying - ie. the portion after you've sold the car.

In the event that the car isn't worth what is owing on it, you may also be entitled to return the car back to the finance company with no penalty assuming you've paid over half what you borrowed.

Dig out the finance agreement and give me some figures if you wish.
mav

19th Oct 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Ian is correst there....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finance advice - Could mean very cheap 1.6 Sport 1998 4 Sale 22 database queries in 0.0115249 seconds