corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » body kits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author body kits
lucaskatana

User status: Offline
17th Oct 03 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad brought a new kit for his corsa. the corsa combat kit front bumper side skirts and rear bumper. the thing is i got someone to fit mine and it cost me a bit to have it done but it was a good job afta it. can anyone tell me step by step how to fit them all and what i need to take off replace where bolts are things like that.

my old man says thanx for any help given and so do i.
chadjpr

18th Oct 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a panique kit for mine and fitted it myself and fitting wise im led to believe its similar to acombat kit. the back bumper was pretty easy it virtually fits straight on i just needed to drill three holes in the kit where the boot closes, you'll notice where cause you need to take them off to remove old bumper, then under the rear wheel arches you'll need to drill and screw the bumper to hold it steady, iscrewed mine into the plastic arch trims. For the side skirts it takes a little more patience, a lot of small trimmings with a hacksaw, and fine tunning with sand paper. when they fit nearly flush to the body line(don't worry about too flush cos you''ll need to fill the gaps in before painting) them up straight (you'll need two people)and put two screws in the front and two screws into the back plastic trim on the wheel arches(just inside the arches) there is a lip that goes under the front doors i just used some no nails to give them some xtra strength to glue them down, under the car a couple of 's'shaped brackets glued to the skirts and the under side of the car will make the skirts really stable. The front bumper goes virtually straight in too just need to drill two holes under wher the front of the bonnet closes, to put the screws in that you took out to remove the front grille. I'll try and take some pictures in the next day or so and put them in my garage, hope ive been helpful.
doge5644_uk

18th Oct 03 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering, was your kit sprayed prior to fitting ?

i'd also be interested in seeing some picture

cheers
lucaskatana

18th Oct 03 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it woz white when i bought it i had it primered b4 it arrived at my doorstep.
chadjpr

18th Oct 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was primed when purchased but i was advised to have another coat of 'plastic primer' done over the top so if i did scratch it it would only scratch, because apparently if the plastic primer isnt applied then a big chunk of paint can fall off instead
lucaskatana

18th Oct 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you go bout doing that yourself ? which shops sell it ?
chadjpr

18th Oct 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't know to be honest my uncle did it for me , he does repairs and resprays on vans
lucaskatana

18th Oct 03 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx 4 tellin me about the plastic primer. i'll sort that out swn as possible.
chadjpr

19th Oct 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive put some pics in my garage sorry they are not too great but ive not had time take the wheels off

New Poll