corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » All Techie People

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author All Techie People
GIBBS

User status: Offline
16th Oct 03 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me old comp at home i'm tryin to get running again, now it's a advent 8764,
but i need a 'ADVENT RECOVERY DISC VERSION 21a' can anyone help me out here? going to advent on the net and they are no help at all, say they need my warranty number or purchase order number or something, it was years ago!!! so i need a new one of these as mines fucked.. anyone know where to download/buy/anyone got one?
cheers
Matt
l33t corsa

16th Oct 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any old windows cd should be fine..
Steve
Premium Member

16th Oct 03 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just reformat it and start again
GIBBS

16th Oct 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunc, it's the reformat cd and puts it back to the stock win98, basically got a dodgy winxp install and it's halfway through but corrupt, so i can't roll back, and i can't install with another xp disc as it's diff, so need to reformat using disc but it's scratched to shit...
Drew
Banned

16th Oct 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

format harddrive
install win 98

ya dont need to set it back to how it came from shop, will have alot less shit on this way too
GIBBS

16th Oct 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it won't be set to how it was at shop, it puts it to bog standard. this just it, when i start up comp it goes straight into the winxp install so don't have chance to do anything else!
PaulW

16th Oct 03 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to wqork on these old shitters in my old job...

if your restore disc is feked ya have no chance m8 sorry, where i used to work we couldnt even get the CD's of Centerprise (Makers of the Old Advent towers), and that was cos they stopped producing them!

Bets thing is like Drew & the others say, just get a copy of Win98 or something on CD, re-partition & reformat your drive & do a fresh install.

You 'might' be lucky coming across an advent at an old office clearence or on eBay, but I doubt it very much...
l33t corsa

16th Oct 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GIBBS
dunc, it's the reformat cd and puts it back to the stock win98, basically got a dodgy winxp install and it's halfway through but corrupt, so i can't roll back, and i can't install with another xp disc as it's diff, so need to reformat using disc but it's scratched to shit...

Mate you can boot from a win98 cd... just go into your bios and change the boot sequence to CD 1st. Or if that doesn't work you can d/l some boot floppy disks that will enable you to install windows. Or if it's playing silly beggars then you could jam the hd into another pc and format it, and start again with XP or any OS flavour of your choice.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » All Techie People 22 database queries in 0.0116808 seconds