corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Final checklist!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Final checklist!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
13th Oct 03 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get paid this friday so i want to order all the bits ready for my amp ans subs when they arrive. I think this is all i need, but im just checking with the professionals first!

Optima Yellow Top Battery
Split Charge Wiring System (to power battery in boot)
1/2M 2awg power cable
1/2m 2awg ground cable
200amp ANL fuse in holder inline with the power cable

Anything else you can think of? In case anyone doesnt know, this is for a 2400w RMS install comprising 1 amp and 2 subs. Cheers for any help, Matt

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by drunkenfool]
Hixxy

13th Oct 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More Sound deadening perhaps?

You might need it for at extra bass that the sub will produce.
drunkenfool

13th Oct 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just interested in getting it all up and running first. I think im just gonna stick the subs in 2 boxes until i have saved up for all the sound deadening stuff. I dont wanna do a permanent install now only to have to take it out to sound deaden it. How much £ do u reckon it would cost just to cover the underneath of the boot and the sides in somethehing like dynamat extreme?
Richie

13th Oct 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the deal Car audio direct has going on. Tis brilliant.

Will be plenty:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2771&osCsid=bce26fc4d17042af4512f810ba012b4d

Kit contains nine 18" x 32" pieces of Dynamat Xtreme for doors, floors and boot floors. Unlike Dynamat Original, Dynamat Xtreme is also recommended for Boot lids, roofs, quarter panels and under-bonnet installations.

Contents: 9 of 18"x 32" pieces of Dynamat Xtreme
Application: Use on rear decks, doors, floors and the floor of your boot to get more bass, more music, lower road noise and better sound.
Equivalent Price if rolls Purchased Seperately : £224.91
ajscorsa

13th Oct 03 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good deal
drunkenfool

13th Oct 03 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the link austin. Ive had a qoute of £300 to get the kit fitted and sprayed cos i know people who can do it for me Ill see how much i get paid on friday and possibly get the dynamat too! As i said before, ill probably be posting onhere quite a bit when it all arrives! Matt
the_legend_of_yrag

13th Oct 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it us to be £109 then and now £150??? Offer best still be on next month when im paid!!!
TOMAS

13th Oct 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this a couple of years ago, you dont need 2gauge between the two batteries or a 200A fuse if you have wired the relay correctly. The altenator only puts out approx 70A peak on the best corsa altenators, so you need a cable that is capable of a 70A current so 4 guage is ok.
Also as the current between the two batteries is only at the most 60A their is no need for the 200A fuse between the two batteries, a 60A will suffice. You must however fuse the power between the batteries at each end, one next to battery under the hood, one next to where the power goes into the optima, just incase their is a short down the middle.
You MUST however make sure that the starter motor is not using the optima when fitting the relay otherwise every time it does it will blow the fuse between the two batteries, its quite tricky finding what to tap for the relay, I couldnt so got the local Car Electrical place to install the relay only. I THINK they used the altenator warning light but im not certain?

Now im not saying using 200A fuse or 2gauge is a bad thing, its better than 4gauge but if you were wanting to save cash...

Then between the optima and your amp you can use the 2gauge or whatever is req'd for the amps you'll be running. If you want any help U2U me as ive allready done it all so know...

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by TOMAS]
Richie

13th Oct 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
Did it us to be £109 then and now £150??? Offer best still be on next month when im paid!!!

No it used to be £189.99, the strike is thru the centre of the eight

Tomas, my starter motor uses the yellow top on many occasions and it has never blown the 60amp fuse in the holder. I dont have a problem there

If you were to wire the relay to the alternator it is as you say, basically the alternator has its own 'remote' wire if you want to call it. Tap into that with the live switched input on the relay, and the battery will charge when the engine is on, and become disconnected from the standard electrical system when the engine is shut off.
TOMAS

13th Oct 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On mine we found that the starter motor is still turning as the alt kicks in so wired it somwhere else. Strage how it dosent blow the fuse if its pulling through it because as you know the starter motor needs a LOT of current!
Richie

13th Oct 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i have an optima in the boot and a exide turbo diesel battery upfront, so that could help?
drunkenfool

13th Oct 03 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tomas, i was planning on getting the split charge wiring system that uses 4awg and a 60 amp fuse to charge the battery in the boot, then run the 2awg with the 200amp fuse from the optima in the boot to the amp, and 2awg from amp to ground. Is this right? If i need more help I'll U2U you!

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by drunkenfool]
TOMAS

14th Oct 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot on

New Poll