corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » paintwork

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author paintwork
Burner

User status: Offline
30th Sep 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just spryed some parts of the car after repairing it and colour seems to have faded, btw its flame red. i was going to see if t cut can solve it but i found out that its not good on laquire (spelling) can u help me
uprated

30th Sep 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are on about the whole of the rest of the car, after it went kind of orangey pink i Tcut ed my whole car, then gave it a couple of coats of Tcut colourfast wax, it is the original bright flame red now.

[Edited on 30-09-2003 by uprated]
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Sep 03 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got flame red, sprayed stuff, t-cutted it and it went like white/misty if u get me?? how can i sort it
Geeza10328

30th Sep 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently ur supposed to leave newly painted bodywork 7-10 days to dry properly before u t cut, if u do before maybe the white misty thing will happen? not sure, all I know is I've learnt to leave it quite a few days cos the tcut just took layers of paint off mine.
Kris TD

30th Sep 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Burner
just spryed some parts of the car after repairing it and colour seems to have faded, btw its flame red. i was going to see if t cut can solve it but i found out that its not good on laquire (spelling) can u help me

flame red is not laquered. just use t-cut on it. its naturally fades, my bros corsa is flame red and we are gradually working our way round the car spraying the whole lot so it looks shiny again
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Sep 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is i left it like 4 weeks so it didnt mess up, but it still did
bobothebear

1st Oct 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flameredcorsab I had a similar occurance which happened many weeks after spraying my doorhandles,the painted area had been rained on and Basically the moisture got into it and reacted with something to bring up patchy/misty white bits. It was very odd.
I resorted to rubbing it down and redoing it.
Never using spray cans again and always using an Air compressor and a spray gun. Plus I havent laquered it this time.
and-m

1st Oct 03 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you use wax after t-cutting to protect the surface.
uprated

1st Oct 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i have noticed the top of the shoulders down the sides of my car have started to sunfade only (slightly though) since i last waxed, but another wash and whip round of colourfast should cover it up a treat
Burner

2nd Oct 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anything else i can use instead of t-cut as i can't find any here in malta
penfold82

16th Mar 04 at 04:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've a flame red corsa and its fast turning pink. No other option but to respray it. Gonna go for a ferrari red. something nice and deep. no more of this crappy flame red. too much hassle.
Skinner

16th Mar 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used trade perfect on my flame red corsa and it brought it back really well and it still is not sure where 2 get it tho cause i got it from my dad and he works in a bodyshop

New Poll