corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » DIY Stealth Shelves

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DIY Stealth Shelves
spooky

User status: Offline
28th Sep 03 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a DIY on stealth shelves for the Corsa B? Little bit lost on this

[Edited on 28-09-2003 by spooky]
dannycorsa c

28th Sep 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a peice ov mdf cut out the speaker holes carpet it and screw it to the shelf from the top side. then get some acoustic cloth and some pva spray glue.spray glue on in lines straching the clothe over the shelf sticking and streching bit by bit so its nice and tight! when thats done and its tidyed up screw ur speakers to the mdf from underneath!bobs ur uncle uv got a stealth shelf!

mines on a corsa C but il post a pit up 4 ya later! hope that helps a little

hope that helps fella mine cud be abit neater round the edges hehe

[Edited on 28-09-2003 by dannycorsa c]
Bonzai

28th Sep 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just bought some 15mm MDF, drew around teh shape of the original parcel shelf. cut the MDF, cut the holes, mounted teh 6x9s on the underside of the mdf and stuck some cloth over the top. dont look awesome but its not bad for what costs probably about £8 to do
Tom N

28th Sep 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus stretch acoustic cloth over the existing shelf and take the grilles off the 6x9s. the speakers are mounted in a kind of recess anyway! its loads lighter than a stealth shelf
dannycorsa c

28th Sep 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its better to have the mdf as is gives the shelf strenth and wont fuk up over time and also its better to have the speakers mounted more solid and stable to get a better sound!
Kris TD

28th Sep 03 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cut the holes in the standard shelf, then screwed some pieces of mdf onto the bottom of the shelf then screwed the speakers into the mdf, then covered the top in acoustic carpet, it follows the same contours as the standard item so looks real not like a flat shelf that looks like a fake shelf.
dannycorsa c

29th Sep 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats was the easyest way i cud do mine as that the only grey material i cud get at the time didnt want black!most people use the flufy stuff mine is made by autoleads!

New Poll