corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lockwood Dials!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lockwood Dials!
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
24th Sep 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are they soooo expensive? £47 For 4 pices of plastic?

Will look tho with a chrome surround and blue leds from cobra!
Mav 3000

24th Sep 03 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the quality that you pay for - the way that light up well etc. Mine are illuminates gold at night which look cool. I went for white ones and paid £43 I think. I think there's other makes you can get but Lockwood seem to have the monopoly - and can get away with charging £40+.
the_legend_of_yrag

24th Sep 03 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still a bit dere though, but if they are such a high quality shouldnt really complain!
Mav 3000

24th Sep 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a pic of mine in my garage if you want a look. I fitted them myself without any problems - there designed so you don't have to remove the speed needles - the fuel and temp ones pull off easily. put a piece of kitchen towel or something over them when you paint the needles if you don't take them off though! There £40, but think of it like this - when your driving, there the mod that you'll be looking at the most - nearly every other second - so in that respect there well worth it - when you can spend hundreds on alloys and never look at them!
the_legend_of_yrag

24th Sep 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good idea about painting the needles
cosramad

24th Sep 03 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry have to argee with the_legend_of_yrag they expensive for what they are.... thats me though - im tight neways.... makes me laugh payin forty odd pounds for dials when i got my brand new kNn for 25 pounds!!
the_legend_of_yrag

24th Sep 03 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think £30 would be more than reasonable, but im a tight git too!
MikeH

24th Sep 03 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there potential to mess the calibration upon your gauges while your fitting them?
DangerousDave16v

24th Sep 03 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there is the potential to fcuk it up,i didnt really read the instructions and didnt reset my speedo needle to its original position (apparently,altho i thought i did) so now its 30mph off.just need to get some time to fix it.the needles are quite sensitive,so you need to be careful. i didnt understand all the shtie about makin a drawing of the dials???

ps you need to cut i.e fcuk your originals to get the white ones in.
does look nice at nite tho

New Poll