corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would this work?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would this work?
MJ

User status: Offline
21st Sep 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope to be getting some rear light clusters but they are not E marked. Wot does this actually mean.
Also i think that they are not reflective so they would fail the MOT but according to http://www.ukmot.com/checklist/motcheck/motcheck_body.htm it says

"Rear reflectors
There must be two reflectors fitted reasonably symmetrically, securely attached and not obscured.
* Must be fitted to all vehicles first used on or after 1st April 1986, but if fitted, must be tested.
** Must be fitted to all vehicles first used on or after 1st April 1980."

Does this mean that if i fit 2 reflectors to the rear of the car then it will pass the MOT.

I would get E marked light clusters but they dont make them for 5 Door corsa's.
vibrio
Banned

21st Sep 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are not E marked then they are not legal and you can get fined and will not pass an MOT
psycho sport

21st Sep 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will pass mot i did wiv mine on!
antscorsa

21st Sep 03 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just stick 2 reflectors on the lights b4 M.O.T,
Stuckey

21st Sep 03 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put standard lihts on when u do MOT, and have non e-,rked ones on rest of the time, but if police notice this u will et fine + producer
vibrio
Banned

21st Sep 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport
you will pass mot i did wiv mine on!

well your MOT was not done correctly. you then have to ask what else did they not spot
MJ

21st Sep 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is the fine and wots the producer. does anyone know where to get the E marked ones from if you can get them. Has anyone been caught with them on there car yet.

cheers.
Tim
Site Administrator

21st Sep 03 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was pulled for those lights because one of the coloured bulbs had faded. Police just asked me to get it changed... and they knew they were not legal as the legal ones use coloured lenses not coloured bulbs...

And I've never failed an MOT with them on -- just get to know your local garage well
IntaCepta

22nd Sep 03 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
I was pulled for those lights because one of the coloured bulbs had faded. Police just asked me to get it changed... and they knew they were not legal as the legal ones use coloured lenses not coloured bulbs...

And I've never failed an MOT with them on -- just get to know your local garage well

ditto.
also got pulled for the same reason, also passed MOT with them on (helps knowing the testers).

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would this work? 22 database queries in 0.0201092 seconds