corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is this possible?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is this possible?
psycho sport

User status: Offline
20th Sep 03 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i take my cat of and beat it wiv a big stick and destroy the internals in order to create a cat by pass pipe?

or are they too hard to destroy?
Juha GSi

20th Sep 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes absolutely, thats very wise!!!

...and when the MOT comes youll have to but a new cat!!

its lot cheaper buy or make cat pass pipe than get a good one destroyed.

if you do so get one from scrappy and stay away from original cat.
psycho sport

20th Sep 03 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously i do realise about the mot and emission ruling. aint that fookin stupid! how much would 1 from a scrappy cost?
MikeH

20th Sep 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrappy will no doubt charge quite a bit for a cat too. They are worth allot of money.
Juha GSi

20th Sep 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did cat pass pipe my self, not very hard to do, but definately aint still wort it, no difference, just bit in sound.

cut the cat out and get a connectionpipe and same size pipe as in cat and just put it in with clamps. takes 2 hours, and most of the time goes to get it so that it exhaust wont leak.

but no big gains there, maybe 2bhp in upper revs and loose same from down...

[Edited on 20-09-2003 by Juha GSi]
MikeH

20th Sep 03 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm so why do people say the cat limits so much then?
Juha GSi

20th Sep 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its different if you have well tuned engine*inlet manifold, cams, mappable ECU ect...* and standard cat.
but mine engine was just with green twister and back box, took tha cat off, and all it did was bit of sound and little on upper revs, but noticeable minus in power under 2500rpm.

its not wort doing all that hassle changing it back and forth, did it 2 year, now its in car back again, wont go until it dont work or will get a sports cat for good price.

i did get better gains by changing back box and centrebox, these are main restrictors in standard exhaust.
Juha GSi

20th Sep 03 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main thing with cat is that if you have turbo car or n/a wich is tuned to the limit, then it is a restrictor. and when people speak they often get it so that my car has a cat, i will take it out.

in turbo car back pressure dont mean a thing*exept loss in bhp* but in n/a it means lost power from downside of revs, wich obviously isnt a good thing in small engines.

okay okay, youll lose much from down anyway getting a inlet manifold ect, but with filter and a exhaust its better to have a cat
Neshol

20th Sep 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport
can i take my cat of and beat it wiv a big stick and destroy the internals in order to create a cat by pass pipe?

RSPCA might not be too impressed
IntaCepta

20th Sep 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neshol
quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport

RSPCA might not be too impressed

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is this possible? 23 database queries in 0.0092239 seconds