corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help needed with fitting side skirts!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed with fitting side skirts!!!
sri_tastic

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got my skirts sprayed and plan to fit them myself tommorow. they are steinmetz skirts and iv looked at the instructions and it says you drill into the wheel arch im confused about where to drill and what way the screw goes into the arch im getting paranoid that they wont hold on.HELP ME!!!!
Greasemonkey

12th Sep 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bond the skirts on with tiger seal or some thing like that, the self tapping screws go through the skirt and into the inner lip of the front and rear arch the skirt will fit into the arch at each end screw through here if ya get what i mean
R Lee

12th Sep 03 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont necessarily need to use the screws do you?
my side skirts are going to be just bonded with sikaflex.
sri_tastic

12th Sep 03 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers. iv just got some fitting instructions that make it a bit easier to understand they have 3 screws 1 inthe front and 2 in the rear. they arent very long though by the time they are screwed in and have the bonding on them i hope they stay there, i take it bonding glue is very strong
Greasemonkey

12th Sep 03 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its real strong like penguin said you dont really need the screws but just to be safe use them you could also make a bracket to hold the skirt at its mid point
sri_tastic

12th Sep 03 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great cheers mate, just dont want any accidents with them falling off in a few weeks time. Thanks again

New Poll