corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Timewasters

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Timewasters
J1

User status: Offline
   8th Sep 03 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont it just piss you off when someone tells you they are interested in buying something off you and then pulls out at the last minute or shows an interest and then just doesnt let you know if they want it anymore or takes ages to send the goods or in some cases doesnt even send them!!

The other thing that pisses me off on here is when someone is trying to sell something and someone will post about how they can get it cheaper or how it only costs this much in that shop new etc.

I think we should have some kind of strike system for timewasters, three times and they should be banned from buying and selling on here, just my opinion, any thoughts?
Jason Iles

8th Sep 03 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me about it been trying to sell a private reg for months on here had loads of intrest but when I accept offers they say they don't have the money
Robbo

8th Sep 03 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO u still ahve ur old number plate 4 sale?? U tried sellin it thru elite reg? I sold my old one thru them in a few weeks!! got £490 as well N19 HOT was funny when i bought it!!!!!
Adam-D

8th Sep 03 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have bought stuff off ppl on here and i kow they have got my u2u's coz they have been online
but they havent replied or nothing
J1

8th Sep 03 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So who agrees that we should have soe kind of strike system to get rid of these timewasters, so at least people can se if they are dealing with a timewaster and eventually we will just have people on here who genuinely wanna buy and sell

[Edited on 08-09-2003 by J1]
Adam-D

8th Sep 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thinkitd be a good idea not to sure on the mechanics of it thou
but say if they were seling stuff and 3 ppl didnt recive goods they wud be banned from sellin
J1

8th Sep 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats it mate, if any of the moderators or Tim or Ian are reading this, is it a possibility to set something like this up
Adam-D

8th Sep 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed
coz so far i have sent out
£46
and not recived good's yet
Paul_J

8th Sep 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think only people who are premium members should be able to make up rules like that

A lot of people are geniuenly interested in buying and are ready to take it off your hands and then get a problem in real life and perhaps don't have the money they thought they had and have to pull out.

Paul J
Adam-D

8th Sep 03 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true
but if uve sent money out
the cheque has cleared and u are not getting replys to u2u's
then they shud be banned
Paul_J

8th Sep 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
indeed
coz so far i have sent out
£46
and not recived good's yet

I think what adam is talking about is a good idea... not what J1 is talking about.

Adam has a good point, sending out money for something and not recieving any goods is a terrible thing. Hence a rating style thing like ebay for 'traders' would be good. So more people don't do the same thing.

What J1 is talking about though is a bit harsh... Just because someone might say 'Oh, I may be interested in that soon' - and then decide they want to spend their money on something else or realise they can't afford it - they get banned?

Fair enough if you send the part to them and they don't send payment, thats not good. but just showing an interest and changing your mind shouldn't be against the law - its just something you have to get used to as a lot of people do it!

Paul J
J1

8th Sep 03 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats premium membership got to do with anything, i've been a member on here as long as you, infact longer, and if you know you have got problems in "real life" as you put it, if they were big probs 9 times out of 10 you would no they were coming up and not try buying anything anyway, but whats the excuse for people who just dont reply to u2u's and dont send the goods theres no excuse for bad manners or theft, which effectively it is if you cash someones cheque and dont send their goods
Paul_J

8th Sep 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read above - the 'don't send goods thing when payment has been sent' I agree with being wrong!

The just showing interest then changing their mind shouldn't be a crime - unless you want to find the classified area completely dead with empty posts only full of 'ttt'!

Some people, may be looking for alloys for example, they see 3 posts selling alloys, they goto each saying 'I'm looking for some alloys and interested in your sale'...

He decides to buy the 1st one he saw, he has shown interest on 2 others which he will not buy - will he now get banned???

'Showing interest' is nothing major... its just pointing out the fact that you are 'interested' in the goods... Not that you want to make a guarenteed sale right now!

Finally if you were a premium member you would know this sort of stuff has been discussed in the premium member section where several members have basically been sent payments and never sent goods!

What do they do, they get banned and just create another name...

This is where I was talking about premium membership, firstly if you were a premium member you would of read those posts in the premium forum. Secondly if people selling you goods were premium members you would know they're less likely to suddenly create a new account as they actually paid for it and finally you've been on this site 1 month longer than me! Well over a year! and you don't feel its been worth a tiny £12.50?

hence, perhaps if you gave a little, you'd get a little (refers to comment about premium members making rules)

Paul J
Adam-D

8th Sep 03 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye i have been interested in stuff
then i revesed into my garage an clipped the wall
new light etc later..
i cudnt afford it

but for sending the money the cheques cleared then not to send goods is bad coz theve had the time to go to the bank but are too buzy tosend goods??
J1

8th Sep 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok i agree about the interest thing, it just winds me up thats all, but people late sending goods/not sending them etc, saying they want it and then not hearing from them again i think needs something doing about it and why would i want to become a premium member? I can host my own pics on a free site and for the sake of 12.50 i thnk i can do without a signature at the bottom of my posts. Anyone else got any opinion
Paul_J

8th Sep 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Premium membership is basically 'supporting the site'...

They have big hosting and bandwidth bills to pay - and they are doing this for us!

Fair enough if you've only been a member a week then no reason to pay, but people like us who have used to site for a long time free, should perhaps give a little back.

If they had made a button to 'donate' money to support them - they would of hardly got a penny. So they strapped a few incentives on like hosting and sigs etc, even premium discounts! and thus now people can support the site they use and get some bonus features.

Its only £12.50 you cheap skate

Paul J
J1

8th Sep 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you could just remove your lips from corsasports arse for just two seconds you'd realise you have drifted a little off topic, my argument has nothing to do with premium membership so stop going on about it, yes your a premium member congratulations
Ditch

8th Sep 03 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

8th Sep 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Whats premium membership got to do with anything?

quote:

why would i want to become a premium member?

I was simply answering your questions, otherwise it'd have only been mentioned once.

Paul J
J1

8th Sep 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever heard of a little something known as rhetorical questions
Paul_J

8th Sep 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ever heard of a little something known as premium membership... perhaps you should try it

ok I'll stop plugging the site now - you can get back to your point.
J1

8th Sep 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL - THanks mate
corsa_chick627

8th Sep 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should do sumat like the goods should be sent to tim or ian or sumone reliable and then the money also sent to them and when both have been recieved they should send them on if that makes sense, cos thatway both people are gona get either the product or the money. Fair play there are gona b a few mix ups but it would b a good way i think xxxxx
Adam-D

8th Sep 03 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm have a intermediary?
dunno i guess itd be alot of work?
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Sep 03 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think my neighbours would be pleased if I started parking loads of other peoples cars outside my house while the money waited to clear

Acting as an intermediary is a huge, huge job. Double the postage, and its a mega amount of time.

I would very much like a feedback system like eBay but its a programming nightmare so it'll have to wait until I'm not busy in work.

I do agree people can waste time occasionally and there does need to be a distinction drawn between expressions of interest and firm offer to buy. I've no doubt csBay ( ) would cater for both discussion and firm purchase which would be binding in some way.

[Edited on 08-09-2003 by Ian]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Timewasters 22 database queries in 0.1851318 seconds