corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lockwood gone wrong

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lockwood gone wrong
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
6th Sep 03 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi lads,ive fitted my lockwood dials the other day(pain in the tits),got them in ok then when put it back together my speedo is badly off ( it reads 0mph when going about 20mph)the needle sits about half a centimeter from the mileage reset button.
has anyone else had this problem?
i didnt removr the speedo needle so dont understand whats wrong?
i know you can get done for a dodgy speedo so want to sort it asap

any advice appreciated
cheers
S21NMP

6th Sep 03 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you put the black pieces around the needles? I had the same problem with my rev counter - stuck at 3k revs and would only drop when the ignition was switched off. I had placed the pieces of black tape too close to the needles and they were catching.
roy_newell

6th Sep 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can't get done for having a dodgy speedo if your rev counter still works as that is the most accurate way of detecting speed.
Also, how are the coppers gonna be test your speedo, never known of anyone getting caught with a dodgy speedo as theyd have to physically drive it to tell unless you aint too hot and judging your speed
DangerousDave16v

7th Sep 03 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a look but i did make shure that the needles didnt catch

New Poll