corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » de badging 97 corsa, paint is new underneath, urgh

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author de badging 97 corsa, paint is new underneath, urgh
uprated

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anything i can do to make the paint colours blend in, as its obviously not sunfaded or anything, its bright red underneath, whereas the rest of the car has done that
'slightly pinky red but not noticeable until you see it against brand new red'
that just about every old corsa ive seen has done.

helpmeplease

Ta
Mistamist

3rd Sep 03 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use a cut back agent on the whole of the car and it may help slightly something like Mer.
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told Tcut yea, but was alos told it will make the whole of the car a lighter shade of red, would there not be anything that could richen up the red of the whole car?
Juha GSi

3rd Sep 03 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try some grinding wax, you know what I mean. take as mild as you can, so that the particles are as small as possible. so it wont scratch surface.
go in to some good store and tell your story, they will know what you need.
MikeH

3rd Sep 03 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tcut doesn't make your paint lighter than the original colour, it just removes the dullness.

I have the same problem... i think i could blend it in, but would the new paint under the badges re-fade slower thwn the rest of the car?
RichSxi

3rd Sep 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always use an item from the Meguiars range - there very very good at returning the original colour to a car.

I can't just remember the name of the particular item tho

Available from larkspeed
Paul H

3rd Sep 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to your local bodyshop and get the whole panel buffed with some g3 that will sort it..
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moneys a bit tight for a bodyshop trip, also the car isnt taxed or insred at the moment, road isnt a possibility

luckily i have a nice field sized garden to rag about until i have enough to insure (ripoff) the damn thing, yay,

i have rang 3 or 4 car shops and they all say that a coat of Tcut on the whole car will sort it right, so im off to get some Tcut

[Edited on 03-09-2003 by uprated]
Paul H

3rd Sep 03 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by uprated
moneys a bit tight for a bodyshop trip, also the car isnt taxed or insred at the moment, road isnt a possibility

luckily i have a nice field sized garden to rag about until i have enough to insure (ripoff) the damn thing, yay,

i have rang 3 or 4 car shops and they all say that a coat of Tcut on the whole car will sort it right, so im off to get some Tcut

it will take you hours with t cut..good luck
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah well, patience is a virtue
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, its taken me about an hour to totally remove the CORSA and all residual mess, wash, let dry, and then get Tcut ing, the paint is now one tone, brighter red and its cleaned all the crap marks off, i think ill do the whole car regardless of how long it takes, this stuff has really impressed me

im probably easy to please then, seeing as it would probably take all of you an induction kit, exhaust, solenoids and a flip paint job to be imprssed eh, am i right?

uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finished, and i have to say, it looks way better
Makarus

3rd Sep 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

im probably easy to please then, seeing as it would probably take all of you an induction kit, exhaust, solenoids and a flip paint job to be imprssed eh, am i right?

The thing that impresses me most has got to be when my car is clean, granted I have my alloys and all that but unless the car is clean you dont take full advantage of the new looks.

Glad your happy mate.
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my alloys are pretty clean actually, the red calipers are a bit grubby though, and the drums on the back could do with a lick of paint

only downside is i have work from thursday - sunday, so i wont be able to do the rest of my car until monday now, damn, still, i can think about why im doing the work,
corsa, corsa, corsa, corsa, corsa

New Poll