corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need a little help from the pros

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need a little help from the pros
slate58

User status: Offline
   24th Aug 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ICE knowledge isn't great and I could do with the help of someone who is in the know. Was running my sony 6x9s off the standard speaker wires from the rear quarters and my sub from a small sony amp and everything was running perfectly, yesterday had the 6x9s out to sort shelf and put 17cm kenwoods in the front doors, now when I turn volume up the 6x9s are crackling on the bass notes, is it cos of the fronts or have I buggered the 6x9s? Would running them thru the amp sort this?
CopyWrite

24th Aug 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fade ur 6x9's down.
it might be because ur using all 4 channels from the h/u internal amp.
usin an amp to power the 6x9's wud make them sound much better but idealistically u wanna be ampin ur front speakers and usin ur 6x9's as a rear ambient fill...seein as u have a sub in the boot too.

Alot of ppl here will tell u not 2 bother with 6x9's.

[Edited on 24-08-2003 by CopyWrite]
slate58

24th Aug 03 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, dont think my other amps up to runnin the sub and 6x9s, so goin after a new 1.
CopyWrite

24th Aug 03 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok

New Poll