corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU compatibility

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU compatibility
flame

User status: Offline
21st Aug 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone please tell me if the ECU from a '96 1.4 16v can run a '98 1.6 16v engine? Or if a GSI ECU can run the ECOTEC engine.
I was speaking to a guy on the phone and he said that he has changed his 1.4 for a 1.6 and retained the ECU so does anyone know??
The problem I have is locating an ECU from a 1.6 16v.
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

User status: Offline
21st Aug 03 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id think it wouuld, not much difference in engines, may need to re-wire the plugs but cant see why not.
Ive got a 1.6 ECU in me garage but was giving me problems.
Don't think you could use an old GSI ECU though cos they used an air flow meter, would depend on the year.
Might be worth checking the ECU part number at vaux or on one of them CD's to see what else is compatible!

New Poll