corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would u say is the best small Hatch?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would u say is the best small Hatch?
Phil321

User status: Offline
21st Aug 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

206 is complete shite. They look OK, but all of the engine bar the 180 are severly lacking, they handle shite (huge amounts of bodyroll) and the build quality is typical french crap, prob even worse than others on the 206!
AndyW

21st Aug 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil321
206 is complete shite. They look OK, but all of the engine bar the 180 are severly lacking, they handle shite (huge amounts of bodyroll) and the build quality is typical french crap, prob even worse than others on the 206!

oh no, that wont please claire, tut tut...
Sooty
Banned

21st Aug 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I can agree with this to a point.. my auntie has a GTi 138hp or something... lots of bodyroll and doesn't feel as quick as the 106GTi's ive driven... id say handling is comparable to a new corsa... maybe a bit better... engine's are a bit underpowered... but the car isn't the lighest in the world.
Claire

21st Aug 03 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

LMAO yeah ok u just keep talking out of your arse, Ive had 2 206's (both admittadly have the sports suspension but from the factory) Thay handle sooo well, its known as one of the best handling small cars. As for engines, mine is only a 1.6 but its far from slow. The GTi 138 is impressive and the 180 is awsome.
Claire

21st Aug 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
quote:

I can agree with this to a point.. my auntie has a GTi 138hp or something... lots of bodyroll and doesn't feel as quick as the 106GTi's ive driven... id say handling is comparable to a new corsa... maybe a bit better... engine's are a bit underpowered... but the car isn't the lighest in the world.

The new corsa handles badly, sorry but its a fact. there is no comparison between 206 handling and corsa handling, even the 206 LX's with standard suspension would leave a corsa through the bends.
Sooty
Banned

21st Aug 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok fairplay, just r'bered new corsa I drove was on eibach's
Phil321

21st Aug 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had my 206 for 3yrs and covered 34000 miles in the piece of shite. I feel I am in a strong positon to comment. They are crap. Also, please don't be silly by claiming they are well known for their handling. Just read an EVO review or any other car mag, that'll put you straight!
Sooty
Banned

21st Aug 03 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

206 is'nt well known... its nothing special... Ive driven 3 of them... and even learned in 2
Phil321

Next thing, you'll be telling me they're built well
Claire

quote:
I have had my 206 for 3yrs and covered 34000 miles in the piece of shite. I feel I am in a strong positon to comment. They are crap. Also, please don't be silly by claiming they are well known for their handling. Just read an EVO review or any other car mag, that'll put you straight!

WTF?? The 306 had an excelent reputation for stickingh to the road, the 206 is better. I'm not going to argue any fuuther on the handling side of things as you are simply wrong
Sooty
Banned

21st Aug 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

306 6 speed handled amazing
Phil321

21st Aug 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you would class it in the same bracket as the 106GTi, Saxo VTR/S, new Mini etc?
Sooty
Banned

21st Aug 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phil321 - hell no !!!!
AndyW

21st Aug 03 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

told ya so
Claire

21st Aug 03 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So you would class it in the same bracket as the 106GTi, Saxo VTR/S, new Mini etc?

no not at all, it's a bigger car alltogether than a 106 GTi. It's unfair to compare.
Phil321

21st Aug 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken straight from EVO mag.............

The 206 is a very different proposition. It shares the awkward, perched driving position but feels much more conventional – taller, more upright and less focussed. Fast cornering involves much more roll and much less adjustability. The 206 grips well but ultimately the chassis is one-dimensional. Understeer is the preferred stance and no amount of provocation will induce lift-off oversteer. It will tighten its line mid-corner, but it fails to come alive when you want to have a good time.

Andy

21st Aug 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend has a W-reg 206 - quite pleasant to drive, but nothing special handling wise. Problem is that bits are already dropping off it left right and centre. She keeps asking if she can take my 15-year old Mk2 Golf GTi to work because it's more fun and more reliable
Sooty
Banned

21st Aug 03 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do rate evo's reviews... 0-60 of a 106gti = 7.4
Phil321

21st Aug 03 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Taken straight from EVO mag.............

The 206 is a very different proposition. It shares the awkward, perched driving position but feels much more conventional – taller, more upright and less focussed. Fast cornering involves much more roll and much less adjustability. The 206 grips well but ultimately the chassis is one-dimensional. Understeer is the preferred stance and no amount of provocation will induce lift-off oversteer. It will tighten its line mid-corner, but it fails to come alive when you want to have a good time.

I feel this opinion holds more weight than yours my dear
Phil321

21st Aug 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
I do rate evo's reviews... 0-60 of a 106gti = 7.4

They are very reliable as they don't use manufacturers figures. They time them themselves under normal conditions on the day of the test.
AndyW

i tell you see mk2 golf well built fun and good lookin. cant go wrong
Sooty
Banned

got a website for evo?
andy hirst

21st Aug 03 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
quote:
Originally posted by soaped
quote:
Originally posted by novaless18
mk2 golf

Thats what im getting, in GTI form

thats what ive got in 16v form

I cant wait to get mine, A cool car, with power! Some how my corsa merit doesn't cut it
Phil321

Also, whilst this is probably not the time to mention it, my 206 will be for sale in two weeks due to imminent arrival of new Mini Anyone interested, drop me a u2u
Claire

Fair enough. I'll accept that from evo, on the other hand I've heard far more possitive things from several other sources.
one example:
"The 206 is stylish and deservedly popular. Refinement, interior space and a quality cabin are the best points along with superior handling and ride."
Pasted from the parkers site.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would u say is the best small Hatch? 22 database queries in 0.0386732 seconds