corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car Still Cutting Out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Still Cutting Out
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
18th Aug 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i got a GSi C16 XE engine, Magnex exhaust, K&N in a drilled box & mantzel power box.
What happens is when the engines ticking over at say traffic lights and not in gear it revs up to 3000rpm then cuts out, or when driving in gear the revs shoot down to 0 and it cuts out. Some days it does it 6 times in 10 minutes or some thing some days it dont do it. Had the problem about 3 months and its getting worse and its really starting to do my head in, any ideas what the problem is
Help
cheers
Mark Petty

18th Aug 03 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could it be the fuel pump?
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Aug 03 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean out the air bypass valve with carb cleaner. ultimatly you will have to replace it but it will cure for a time.
Greasemonkey

18th Aug 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be, but the car revving up to 3000rpm+ is what i dont get could it be the trottle position sensor? i looked at the sensor and it is slightly damaged yet the the ecu has not logged a problem
Greasemonkey

18th Aug 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is this valve, am i right in thinking i dont have this valve cos i have no EGR system
miles

18th Aug 03 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam must be refering to the ICV (Idle control valve) Its on the side of the tb next to the TPS. If the tps looks damaged then that would be a good start. Try disconnecting it and seeing what happens. I've got a tps you can have for £10.
Greasemonkey

18th Aug 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only problem with this problem is it happens when it feels like it so i dont know how to test it i will try and disconnect it see what happens, is the TPS you have new or used, and will it fit my C16 XE
cheers
miles

18th Aug 03 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its used and from a c16xe.

New Poll