corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just a few pics from last night

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just a few pics from last night
Trotty

User status: Offline
   3rd Aug 03 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you will have read yesterday evening, I was lucky enough to win VIP tickets last night to go to Slinky in Bristol and see Paul Van Dyk (amongst others).

I was going anyway, but to win the tickets from Radio 1 was a nice bonus

Anyhoo, what a fecking quality night!! When we got to the club we were able to jump the queue and get in for free thanks to our 'prize' and Jon Gurd was warming things up nicely. At 120 is was time for Adam Sheridan who I hadn't seen out before and was ace - the perfect build up 'the man' at 10 and oh my god, Paul Van Dyk is a damn legend! He played such a quality set it was untrue. I danced my ass off for the whole of his 2 hour set, and loved every minute. Plus he made my night by dropping 'Three Drives - Carrera 2 (Nu-Nrg Remix)'

As such, I didn't get many piccies cause I was too busy enjoying myself, but blimey, I crawled in at home at 4:20 this morning a very happy chap

Also found it fairly interesting that Paul bought a laptop with him and played a fair number of tunes through that which I haven't really seen done out before?

Either way, pure quality!
Icy

3rd Aug 03 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your camera small if u carried it about wi you
Trotty

3rd Aug 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fairly small - Canon Digital IXUS V

Haven't managed to drop the bugger yet either which is surprising considering its been lobbed around clubbing every week, been to festivals, etc
Corsa666

3rd Aug 03 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad i know does some DJing and is writing some of his own stuff on a laptop, that he then uses via laptop on his sets !!
Trotty

3rd Aug 03 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah this is it, I mean a fair number of DJ's will burn stuff to CD as well and use them on CDJ1000's, etc but it's the first time I've seen a high profile DJ use a laptop like this.
Corsa666

3rd Aug 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C your point, unless its got some funky program on it or he has recorded it the session straight to the laptop ??
Sooty
Banned

3rd Aug 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol if he had an illegal operation
Trotty

3rd Aug 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I could imagine it doing a BSOD half way through

It might have been recording the set as well, but he was deffo playing tunes off of it too, as I stood right behind him at one point and watched Seemed to be using Traktor DJ Studio too which was surprising - I've got that software too!
Mav 3000

3rd Aug 03 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps times are hard and he has to download tunes off of the Internet instead of getting given free 12"?

Sounds like a quality night!
Nismo

3rd Aug 03 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the agency i work for a load of djs there use laptops cus its so much eaiser (cheating) and you can have a backup of all your music.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just a few pics from last night 22 database queries in 0.0142229 seconds