corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NOS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NOS
Shamus

User status: Offline
29th Jul 03 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone know what the legalities of NOS are?, has anyone tried to insure their cars with NOS and does it fail your MOT if u have it fitted?
Adam-D

29th Jul 03 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think so as long as you dont break speed limits your fine
and its fitted and set up right
Neshol

29th Jul 03 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you use it n the cops see you n pull u, how can they prove that u used it at that specific time, as it will be gone! I've heard it can double insurance premiums in some cases, can any1 verify this?
Neshol

29th Jul 03 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh n I can't see why it should fail your MOT. Unless it aint been installed properly or summit
BeArDy

29th Jul 03 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the normal set up is, aslong as the NOS is not in use/connected your fine, this is what most insurace companys say.
u2u Vauxgirl she has a 2lt 16v on NOS
luca2020

29th Jul 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not illegal

it wont fail ur mot

u have to display a green sticker showing other road users that u have NO2 in the car, this way cops cant do anything

ur ment to tell ur insurance company, but its easily taken out if u do stuff it so its up to u
stuyw

29th Jul 03 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lot of insurance companies wont insure ur motor if its fitted with NOS
Dan_Corsa

29th Jul 03 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
the normal set up is, aslong as the NOS is not in use/connected your fine, this is what most insurace companys say.
u2u Vauxgirl she has a 2lt 16v on NOS

this is what the insurance told me i could have it in the car as long as it wasn't connected up on the road
Cursa

29th Jul 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ur ment to tell ur insurance company, but its easily taken out if u do stuff it so its up to u

I used to think this about mods, until I crashed my car near Edinburgh on the way to T in the Park. My car was towed away, and I got a bus to T. An insurance assessor saw it before I did, and if I had needed to change any alloys or anything over, it would have been impossible. Ok, if reeeeeallly need be I could have had it arranged, but it would have been a real pain in the arse! Luckily my only mod (induction kit) was covered.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NOS 23 database queries in 0.0101180 seconds