corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Who's running Eccentric Top Mounts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's running Eccentric Top Mounts?
TOMAS

User status: Offline
29th Jul 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted my coilovers the other day - they are a dream but one problem is that on the near side only when I turn the wheels their is a creaking noise (like an old ship lol). I narrowed it down to being the top cup in the suspension trying to twist with the damper? Starnge I know so I think it could be two things... 1. Spring pan bearing has worn out or 2. The rubber in the top mount has worn out. Neither of two suprise me as I driven round on bumpstops for 20K miles LOL.
I was shopping around and noticed these TAS eccentric top mounts that adjust camber and contain ALL the bearing everything I need - £147 the pair. Well if its going to cost me £30 all - in to replace one side with standerd Vaux parts (I also bet the otherside will go soon so double that) then I thought upgrade and get the TAS jobs. Are they suitable for everyday use as they have no give in them like standards do. My coilovers arent on their lowest setting so ride will still be plush so I dont think they should be that bad? Any oppinons from people who have them. And yes I know they will need setting up PROPERLY to give the best results...
Gambit

29th Jul 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

common sense would dictated that you changed (or at least inspected) the top mounts when fitting the coilovers
TOMAS

29th Jul 03 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes that common sense thing told me to have a look at everything... and yes it was all fine! Rubbers looked a little tatty but not perished and far from nackered so its baffeling me? I spun the bearings also in the pan but these also seemed fine? It only does it when load is on the suspension - I jack it up and no problem! Does anyone think it could be a ball joint or even something to do the the rack?
TOMAS

29th Jul 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
GLSi GUY

29th Jul 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the bearings m8, as they will probably be crunching against eachother, thus making that creaking sound.

hope that helps ya.

Rob
TOMAS

30th Jul 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone any words of advise regarding TAS top mounts before I go and splash out?
TOMAS

31st Jul 03 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BUMP
Gambit

31st Jul 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

test the top mounts

jack the car up on one side, and put a plank & brick below one wheel

like a see-saw effect, stand on it gently up & downm and see does the strut move within the top mount. if it does then the top mount is fecked
TOMAS

2nd Aug 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No movement.. anyone else...?

New Poll