corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EGR valve?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EGR valve?
Rick_SXI

User status: Offline
   29th Jul 03 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1998 SXi with only 41K miles on the clock has had some problems recently - lurching when I change gears. I thought it might be the clutch, and as it was due a service I took it in to be told it's the EGR valve that needs reprogramming?

Is this likely? It's a lot more ****ing expensive than having the clutch fixed. Next car is definitely gonna be japanese.
Kerry

29th Jul 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes egr's gettin clogged up are a very common occurance...i believe though that a problem with ure egr would make ure ecu light come on!!! as mine did and a few other peoples i know kus thats how i found out it was egr by doing a fault code reading!!
Kerry

29th Jul 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/egr.htm

read this i know its about ford scorpio but it gives u the general concept and i feel it is quite an interesting and informative read

[Edited on 29-07-2003 by Kerry]
Rick_SXI

30th Jul 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thx! In the end I paid up to get it replaced - however nothing had ever lit up on the dash to let me know about the problem. It was purely the loss of power during gear changes that alerted me to the problem.

In the end I had to pay to get it replaced - I just hope it doen't happen again!
and-m

30th Jul 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did a clean not work as mentioned?

Im glad mine doesnt have any of this carp on it.
Gambit

30th Jul 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i presume u drive an 8v then!

New Poll