corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why does widows media player keep downloading codec's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why does widows media player keep downloading codec's
jm960326

User status: Offline
24th Jul 03 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Windows media player is always downloading a codec before it plays any MP3 that I seem to have??

I have version 8 at moment but cant understand why it needs to download everytime, normally only when Im playing all songs, if I load a song individually, seems to be ok and not need download??

Anyone any help??

DJGoMatt

24th Jul 03 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use winamp, problem solved
jm960326

24th Jul 03 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

winamp pre-installed or not? Win xp pro I got.
Craig6682

24th Jul 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think what your problem is that Media Player is checking to see if you have a legal copy of the .mp3 file. I read about this is a mag about 6 months ago. A way around it is to use a firewall such as ZoneAlarm which is free to download to which you can then stop Media Player from accessing the Internet. Another solution is to use another program such as Winamp (to which i use.) The latest version of version 2 (2.91) plays video files as well now. Hope this helps you.
Craig6682

24th Jul 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can download Winamp from www.winamp.com if you want it and the free version of ZoneAlarm from http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp.
jm960326

24th Jul 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, Ive got Norton firewall enabled, but will download win amp too and stop WMP accessing the net.

cheers
Craig6682

24th Jul 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs m8

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why does widows media player keep downloading codec's 22 database queries in 0.0111959 seconds