corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quick Reply Computer Peeps

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick Reply Computer Peeps
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   23rd Jul 03 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting extremely annoyed with the fact that my 56k line gets dropped everytime someone picks the phone up in the house or we get an incoming call, is their anyway in Windows XP to stop this happening anyone
OFcorsa

23rd Jul 03 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the settings on your modem, i have a 56K and that shit never happens to me!
Red_SXi

23rd Jul 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It used to happen to me when i was on 56k, but i had call waiting which lets u know u have another call coming in.
Kerry

23rd Jul 03 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt there somethin in the settings that u can do to stop the call waitin thing from bootin u off???????
corsaon18s

23rd Jul 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NAH YOU CAT STOP IT COS BASICALLY WHEN SOMEONE PICS UP THE FONE THEY MAKE A SOUND ON THE LINE WHICH CORRUPTS THE SIGNAL FROM ONE MODEM TO ANOTHER. THE MODEM USUALLY CANT HANDLE THIS AND USUALLY CUTS THE CONNECTION, WHAT I USED TO DO WAS TO DISCONNECT ALL THE FONES IN THE HOUSE WHEN IM GOIN ON THE NET. REGARDING THE INCOMING CALL THING, CALL UP BT AND THEY WILL GIVE YO A NUMBER TO DIAL EACH TIME YOU CONNECT TO THE NET WHICH DISABLES CALL WAITING WHICH ALSO CUTS THE LINE. OR BETTER STILL GET BROARDBAND...ITS WORTH IT!
corsaon18s

23rd Jul 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry caps lock
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Jul 03 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsaon18s, that doesnt sound correct, I've picked up the phone LOADS of time while connected to the internet on different computers and it did fuck all, it only starts to freak out when you start dialing or something. stoney, I think you need to get BT/whoever to turn call waiting off and make calls get forwarded to a voice box or something, on people picking up the phone and then it dropping I have no clue cause it never use to effect me.
corsaon18s

23rd Jul 03 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know it sounds like you got an opera singer with parkinsons on the fone, just picking it up and puttin it down doesnt always screw things up, its when you keep the fone up for ages, some modems have a timeout cutoff.
digitalbanana

23rd Jul 03 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa on 18s is right... it CAN disrupt the line depending on the phone, some create signals when the handset is used, which can distort the signal...these tend to be the electronic ones with msg systems built in.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

23rd Jul 03 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

advice much appreciated people
SilverBullet

23rd Jul 03 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple solution, GET BROADBAND!

New Poll