corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has this week been a good week for the site [old thread!]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has this week been a good week for the site [old thread!]
corb

User status: Offline
20th Jul 03 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is better, less shit in GC, and ive only looked in Off day twice, and not posted. So, clearly never showed much interest in the crap anyway!
jaffa

20th Jul 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good week yes, much less crap littering general chat

regional groups are much better now with the postcode listings although stoke is in west midlands and north west although not a great problem just means us stokies have to forums to check
Sooty
Banned

20th Jul 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Si - I hardly think that warrants a ban though. Perhaps you could have a quiet word directly as you're not giving a lot away?

Sooty - explain?

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by Ian]

nevermind, I was just saying general chat is general chat.. but off day works good I think
mentalcorsa

20th Jul 03 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

genral chat is a lot better now as all theshits been moved out i think it should stay like this
Dan
Premium Member

20th Jul 03 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, classified and wanted should b split up 2, would make the site look quiter, but would b eaiser 2 find what u wanted etc

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Kerry

20th Jul 03 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also think it would help a little if people specified wot sort of general chat they would like to see in here!!!???
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jul 03 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan-P
If it makes things easier for you Ian then keep it,
It's not such much how easy it is for me and the team, it's how happy this makes people feel. Easy would be everyone behaving all the time but thats a bit of a pipedream!
Craig W

20th Jul 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much better, quiet though. But... quality is better than quantity.
I think it needs to be made clear what is acceptable to post in GC though, as i keep seeing plenty of chit-chatty type threads staying in GC, when at the same time i see chit-chatty type threads of the same quality being moved to OD.
leni

20th Jul 03 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that I use the board as much as I used to but IMO theirs too many forums and I for one can not be arsed to check them all! I mean when I joined there was about 5 forums, now theres about 20!! and the topped posts are becoming abit annoying! It's the same ones in every forum!

I think that quality is better than quantity but just coz it's a corsa site (and you can slate me if you wish) doesn't mean it has to be people talking about cars all day long!

Don't get me wrong I love this site! It's changed my life completely and I owe my future happiness to Ian for creating and the oldies for making the site what it is and a site I came back to day after day!

I've just relised I've gone way off but my point is the site is getting too strict and is losing it's fun!

leni

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by leni]
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jul 03 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Craig - Yeah I agree. I'll get the moderation policies properly written down somewhere and adhered to more closely I reckon.

Leni - If anything I felt that we were becoming less strict generally by opening Off Day in the first place. Strict in the correct place perhaps?

I appreciate that there's now a load of forums but the number of posts dictates that this is necessary. Its just a busy site, and you saw the problems with less, it becomes more difficult to find the stuff you want in amongst random crap etc.

Perhaps if I was to knock something up that gave you like threads since you've last visited, or the option to search stuff that you've replied in (which you can do at the moment, albeit a bit clunkily), or perhaps watch what your friends are watching (already got the buddy list, we could use that more) - more technical ways around the logistical problems of keeping up with the volume of posts?

All said - are you happy with how it's going? (convenience aside!)

[Edited on 20-07-2003 by Ian]
Dan
Premium Member

20th Jul 03 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea defo, its a great site imo really helpful

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jul 03 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I got to go out tonight, I'm happy, people aren't calling me a bastard just yet hehe.

Keep the posts coming anyway. I'll check back later.
Joff

20th Jul 03 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastard.

JC was banned. Now what's going to happen at Christmas time when there's no festive usernames to be had??
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jul 03 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joff - there's too much religion in Christmas anyway, I don't want it sneaking in even more on here.

( )
Trotty

20th Jul 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if we (moderators and users) are clear of moderating guidelines then we all know the situation, and can hopefully work within those.

As for General Chat, I don't think anyone's suggesting it has to be about cars 100% of the time, but where do we draw the line?

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'm happy, people aren't calling me a bastard just yet hehe.

There you go, ya bastard
Joff

20th Jul 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Joff - there's too much religion in Christmas anyway, I don't want it sneaking in even more on here.

( )

Bah humbug.
Robbo

20th Jul 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much much better, got rid of the very 'ghey' posts that were very sad and childish!! There r still lots of eejits but at least most of them r in off day leavin decent posts in gc... good job
vibrio
Banned

20th Jul 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

( )

I would have to say that there is only one religion at christmas time.

I like the GC and offday forums but there does still seem gray area between GC and OD in which some posts still stay in GC. I like the idea of a sinbin but you should still be able to access your garage if you get a 1 or 2 week ban
Adam_B

20th Jul 03 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rekon its much better now, dont think theres too many forums. Went on some crappy fiesta site a few weeks ago and there was about 50 forums!! Help and mods was split into suspension, brakes, engine, bodystyling etc etc, theres just no need!!

On the subject of premium member offers is it possible to get some proper performance companies invoved ? I mean im sure the ones there sell fine products an all but a lot of ppl on here just dont give a crap about big bodykits and flashy neon lights.
Dave Hay

20th Jul 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint a huge poster but i think its been better in last week....

imo people who dont have corsas that use this site should do so in a polite manner.

theres just too many people wanting to poke fun at others posts and basically piss about.

tis like being in school some days....
Joff

20th Jul 03 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a huge poster - A1 size, bloke holding a baby.

mav

20th Jul 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the site has been better like.
Off day is a good idea because people will always post crap some of the time so at least there is a place to do it now.

Some guidelines about general chat as well though...
As the 'Nightshift thread ' was moved from GC to OD..In there it was people having a general chat, If you know what I mean...

Deffo seems slower on the post front. When theres like 50 odd people logged on they don't seem to be posting....????

But all in all....
Sam
Premium Member

21st Jul 03 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I see it, General Chat is just for car-related and 'serious stuff' posts really, and Off Day is for moaning about personal stuff, or banter, and other crap (to a degree).
Daimo B

21st Jul 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its been MUCH better on here. GC has been left to the more interesting car related stuff, and Off Day is being used for what its meant for. If people wanna have a bit of fun in the day they can go there.

MUCH better
c mitch

21st Jul 03 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its now very quiet in general chat now 2 people have been banned. Its now very dull with out them here I think they make the site more fun

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has this week been a good week for the site [old thread!] 23 database queries in 0.0127308 seconds